Equal Employment Specialist - 12 Month Roster
Department Of The Treasury Roanoke, VA (Onsite) Full-Time
Apply on company site
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
(LB&I) - Large Business and International, Program and Business Solutions.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Incumbent has the primary responsibility for coordinating and controlling the administration of EEO programs and has been delegated the immediate responsibility for providing service and guidance to officials in specifically assigned organizational and/or functional areas. The specialist develops, monitors, reviews, and updates program activities in such areas as the EEO Complaints Program, Affirmative Employment Program, Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment Program, Diversity, Special Emphasis Programs, including Persons With Disabilities and others as defined by law, regulation, or policy.
* The employee maintains personal contact with officials and employees to develop an understanding of EEO and diversity through advising them of their rights and responsibilities as defined by applicable laws, rules, regulations, and established procedures. This includes providing training and/or briefing sessions as needed to keep management apprised of program policies and requirements.
* Incumbent also coaches and provides technical guidance, appropriate training, ongoing assistance and support to other full time and collateral duty EEO personnel locally and in the field offices. This sometimes requires developing customized training geared especially for a specified group of individuals.
* The specialist is proficient in all aspects of the EEO Process and equipped to provide guidance on EEO complaints, i.e. individual, management officials, group, and class complaints with varying levels of complexity. This involves utilizing exceptional negotiating and conflict management skills to facilitate a resolution or settlement of concerns at the earliest possible level. The position also requires conducting managerial inquiries on sensitive issues such as allegations of sexual harassment and other EEO and diversity matters that sometimes implicate varying levels of management officials.
* The incumbent uses insight and knowledge of EEO to address barriers or problems which impede access to equal employment opportunities to all or hinders the accomplishment of EEO goals.
* The incumbent is closely involved in the Business Plan/Business Review Process and works with the appropriate parties in devising mechanisms for evaluating the various EEO programs. Reports and/or assessments are prepared on the effectiveness of the EEO programs in the Divisions and the AWSS field offices. The position requires making assistance visits and on site operational reviews of field offices, conducting fact-finding, data analysis, and preparing trip reports outlining findings and recommendations. Incumbent prepares guidelines, instructions, and other informational briefings within assigned program areas that assist in implementing and maintaining effective operations consistent with National Office policies and objectives.
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
* Telework Eligible Positions: Telework eligible positions do not guarantee telework. Employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements (e.g., reporting at least twice a pay period to your assigned Post of Duty (POD)) and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. Employees must also be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
* The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position will be conditional on obtaining and maintaining a High Risk Security Clearance.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
* Sign a mobility agreement.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
To qualify for this position, you must meet the qualification requirements outlined below:
You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes demonstrated accomplishment of EEO and Diversity project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of investigative and training requirements and techniques. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where you analyzed a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of inquires/investigations in which you interpreted, explained and applied knowledge of EEO laws, regulations, and administrative decisions to negotiate and resolve unprecedented, broad, difficult and complex problems; Utilizing fact finding, analytical, problem solving, investigative, and interviewing methods and techniques; and organizing and presenting facts, findings, conclusions, and recommendations in a logical manner.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: You must meet applicable TIG requirements to be considered eligible. To meet TIG for positions above the GS-05 grade level, you must have served at least one year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade (or equivalent) in the normal line of progression for the position you are applying to. Advancement to positions up to GS-05 is permitted if the position to be filled is no more than two grades above the lowest grade held within the preceding 52 weeks.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - No
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): 01/18/2024 This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s).
• Conflict Management
• Data Analysis
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2486315364
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.