SCOPE: Under direct supervision, performs routine but varied clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures such as photocopying, filing, posting information, and mail distribution for the office. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
• Files a variety of paperwork, forms and documents daily in proper order as per department guidelines.
• Photocopies records when requested with proper approval.
• Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Processes daily mailings of statements and other daily correspondence.
• Assists in the care and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Sorts, maintains, and distributes routine office records and correspondence according to structured procedures.
• Performs clerical duties including answering phones, making copies and filing.
• Covers for other administrative functions as requested.
High School diploma or equivalent. Position is entry level and requires 0-2 years of office experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and vision correctable to 20/20. Requires occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with staff. Requires exposure to conditions common to a clinic environment.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying Medical Secretaries and Administrative Assistants