Submission for the position: Medical Assistant MedExpress - (Job Number: 2172133)
Medical Assistant MedExpress
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Medical Assistant , you will be ensuring the well-being of patients while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. This role is based in one of our MedExpress urgent care centers.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. Our Medical Assistants typically operate out of a primary center within the Roanoke, VA area and you may also provide shift coverage to other local work sites on an as needed basis.
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Three 12-hour shifts (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) per week
Specialty: MedExpress Urgent Care
Hours may include rotating weekends/holidays and may vary with patient volume and business need.
• Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
• Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
• Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
• Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards
• Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
In addition, you may receive:
• Hourly rate incentives (Flex Pay, Standby Pay)
• Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
• Career development and training for other roles you may be interested in
• Medical Plan options, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance
• 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Education Reimbursement
• Employee Discounts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Completion of a medical assistant training program and/or 1 years of medical assistant experience in an urgent care, physician, or emergency room setting, or enrolled in an accredited Radiologic Technologist program
• Must meet all other state requirements by law, including but not limited to all state requirements, and licenses, where applicable
• If required by state must maintain current certification from the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT), or any other recognized certifying body approved by the Board
• Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
• Direct experience with: Clinical intake, patient data collection, laboratory specimen collection, performing EKG testing, application of orthopedic devices, performing basic wound care, and/or employer health services
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
Clinical Services Operations
May 23, 2023, 7:57:26 AM
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): US-VA-Roanoke