State: VA City: Floyd Area of Interest: Rehabilitation Services - ST Full-Time or Part-Time: Casual/Per Diem Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Requisition Number 460683 Job Title Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Location City Floyd State Virginia Position Type Casual/Per Diem Job Description
Speech Language Pathologist
• Title: Speech Language Pathologist
• Location/work environment: In facility
• Reporting structure: Reporting to Director of Rehab
* These rates are negotiable and, in some cases, can be augmented with things like a sign on bonus, relocation assistance, and/or student loan repayment in select markets.
About the job
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you help patients get their power back . You are the person who can help people communicate, swallow, and work to diminish or remediate disorders or deficits. In doing this, you take responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services, you design the plan, and work with patients to execute those plans.
You're a healer and a helper, which is why you got into this line of work.
You're equally adept at addressing the whole patient and seeing them as an individual, and you know your goal is the design of a program that will restore, reinforce, and enhance their speech and communication abilities.
You're adaptable to the needs of the patient and can find joy in the variety of the work and the settings. From cleaning equipment to reporting to meetings, you thrive in a setting that keeps you moving through your day.
You're a teammate and are looking for collaboration with your peers, but you're also happy to make referrals to help your patient get the care they need to thrive.
You know that being a Speech Language Pathologist means you're a teacher who can train patients and caregivers on the skills they need to promote independence and productivity.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you!
Who is Powerback?
Powerback Rehabilitation (Powerback) is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
Working in a company that values growth and understands what it means to be a caregiver is refreshing. Our CEO is a former staff therapist. We offer growth, paths forward, and we are committed to patient-centered care. We are growing, stable, and need people like you, who have a calling to help people thrive.
Isn't it time for you to work with a team where 86% of them know and feel their work makes a difference? So much so, we're certified as a 2023 Great Place to Work.
Now is the time for you to join Powerback.
Powerback has streamlined our hiring process:
• Applying takes 3 minutes, give or take.
• You'll hear back from us within 1 business day.
• If you meet the qualifications, a recruiter will call you for a 10-minute conversation within 2-3 business days, depending on your availability.
• You will then be presented to the hiring manager
• The hiring manager will reach out within a business day to schedule the interview.
^^ This all happens within 1-5 business days from the phone screen. ^^
• After your interview, the hiring manager makes a quick decision. We aim to accomplish this within the week.
• If the hiring manager wants to move forward, you will hear from us within a business day, because we are excited to get you started!
1. A Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders or similarly-titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
2. A Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow. We will also accept candidates who are eligible to obtain the Certificate of Clinical Competence.
3. Licensed, certified or credentialed, as required in the state of practice.
4. A current COVID-19 vaccine, Unless the employee is approved for reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief. Pay Target