How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Communicates and collaborates with appropriate disciplines to facilitate efficient and timely assignments using defined policies and procedures to assure quality patient care and customer service. Accountable for performing job responsibilities including multi-line phones and office workflow functions vital to the effective and efficient functioning of the department.
• Collaborates with Transfer Center staff and Unit staff to place patients in the most appropriate nursing units based on patient needs, age, diagnosis and established unit criteria
• Establishes, maintains, and promotes positive, customer service focused, and professional communication with all those served. Utilizes effective communication skills. Demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills. Receives and screens incoming calls via multi-line phone system. Routes calls to appropriate individuals and takes messages accurately.
• Operates specialized software and computer systems are used in patient placement. Will use company e-mail.
• Maintains knowledge of current computer programs and functions. Coordinates multiple computer programs and functions on a continuous basis. Performs all computer functions as required in a timely and accurate manner.
• Problem solves and multitasks on a consistent basis in order to place patients in a timely and efficient manner. Able to prioritize and shift from one function to another with short notice.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of clinical information system(s) for patient case entry and update, and reporting functions.
• Maintains competence through continuing education, in-services, and attends staff meetings.
• Performs other tasks related to the front office workflow and participates in special department projects as assigned by the Site Manager/Director.
• Maintains an overall awareness of bed availability, total discharges, total admissions and patient flow in order to appropriately and effectively assign patients.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of medical terminology, medical diagnoses and procedural terms in order to appropriately and effectively place patients.
• Prioritizes and performs clerical duties maintain basic office equipment and workflow functions as applicable to the worksite: processes mail, faxes documents; maintains multi-line phone system/switchboard; perform data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet functions; runs reports; and other duties as assigned by the Site Manager/Director.
• Assists staff in problem solving with various computer systems and functions; EPIC, BedBoards, email outlook, WebXChange.
• Is responsible for correctly updating patient information regarding admission status and level of care. Makes changes/adjustments in “patient type” to ensure proper coding for billing purposes.
• Works in conjunction with and under the direction of Transfer Center Connect Staff.
Fri/Sat/Sun 7am-7pm. WEEKENDS ONLY
What We Require:
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Experience: Medical, clerical, unit, or EMS experience in an acute care facility preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills. Acts as team player, is customer focused and has demonstrated problem-solving skills. Typing and/or keyboarding proficiency required.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 141112
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Park View
Shift: Weekends Only
Shift Details: F/Sa/Su 7am-7pm
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.