How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Carilion Clinic recognizes and appreciates the importance of flexibility at work and has created a Talent Pool where employees can choose their shifts. Our Talent Pool allows you to pick the shifts you want to so you can decide how much you want to work. Apply now and come work for an organization that will value you and your time.
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
* Positions are flexible, working any day/any shift, up to 29 hours per week
As a vital member on our team, you’ll play an important role by providing administrative support for multiple individuals within the department, such as typing correspondence, managing files, screening phone calls and maintain/managing calendars.
The job duties of the Department Secretary inlcude, but are not limited to, the following:
• Answer the telephone in a timely manner and ensure proper transfer of calls to the appropriate staff.
• Receive and distribute mail/fax/electronic notifications.
• Compose and type letters and correspondence with minimal errors in a timely manner.
• Establish and maintain confidential files and records.
• Maintain and order office supplies. Work with vendors to ensure maintenance of general office equipment.
• Greet and assist visitors in a professional manner.
• Schedule appointments and coordinate arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel.
• Proofread documents, correspondence and reports prepared by self or others.
• Prepare routine and non-routine special reports, including gathering and summarizing data.
• Process department purchases and ensure invoices are sent to Accounts Payable.
What We Require:
• High school diploma or GED
• Two years of secretarial work experience (preferred)
• Knowledge of office procedures and equipment
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
• Skills related to automated computer systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with appropriate use of grammar, spelling and/or punctuation
• Business writing skills with the ability to compose documents, including correspondence, agendas, minutes, and reports may be required based on departmental needs
• Strong organizational skills and be self-motivated.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 140198
Employment Status: Flex
Location: Carilion Clinic Human Resources
Shift: Variable Hours
Shift Details: Various hours; up to 29 hours per week
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.