Market Development Representative - Roanoke, Virginia
Job Locations US-VA-Roanoke
Posted Date 10 hours ago (5/23/2023 9:54 AM)
# of Openings 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
Ignite your sales career with Fireball!
The Market Development Representative will be responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals for our Brands across Sazerac’s portfolio. This role will build brands, maximize distribution and be the main point of contact for both on premise (restaurants and bars) and off premise (grocery stores, convenience store, liquor store) accounts in the assigned territory.
Sazerac is growing our U.S. market development team with Market Development Representatives as part of a strategic company expansion. This opportunity is great for someone looking to begin and accelerate their career within a fast-paced, high-growth industry and will have a direct impact on the success of the company.
Additional Responsibilities For The Market Development Representative Include
• Create and manage solutions to grow their assigned accounts business, while driving results that deliver market share growth for Sazerac brands.
• Build brands by utilizing consumer and category trends to educate customers, solve problems and maximize sales.
• Lead distributors in-store selling, merchandising, marketing and execution for accounts.
• Achieve volume objectives for priority brands in the portfolio
• Plan and implement programs to deliver distribution, merchandising, display, and retail promotional objectives.
• Develop mutually valuable relationships with assigned customers, through understanding their key needs and requirements.
• Serve as the communication lead between key customers, wholesalers and internal teams.
• Monitor agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with key customers.
• Support Market Development Manager with brand building, programming, and distribution activities with customers.
*Job responsibilities may vary by state depending on regulatory and compliance standards for the state.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience, or for new college graduates, a sales internship or full/part-time sales role (preferably in consumer goods)
• A valid driver's license
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
• Strong planning & organizational skills
• Willingness to Travel
• Must be able to obtain a relevant solicitor’s permit in any state
• Sales experience
• Market development and sales analysis experience
• Strong ability to self-manage and manage schedule to achieve results
• Experience building customer relationship
Salary range - $52,451 - $78,000
• Placement within the salary range is calculated based upon years of directly relatable experience for the position.
• The salary range refers to base salary only and does not include car allowance, annual bonus, fuel or cell phone reimbursement
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Sazerac and its affiliates engage in personnel decisions and administer our personnel policies without regard to race, religion or creed, color, sex or gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Sazerac requires all team members to act responsibly around alcohol and to responsibly consume alcohol. As such, the Company evaluates alcohol related offenses as part of its background check processes.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS