Market Research Analyst
Grapevine, TX, USA Req #3045
Monday, May 22, 2023
For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Market Research Analyst is responsible for identifying information needs, conducting studies and analyzing market data which is relevant to current and future KNA business needs. This includes short through long-term general market trends, industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive insights. This position will also work cross functionally with Kubota entities to understand business direction so that specific insights can be identified and communicated. These insights will support the Product Management teams as they work to realize gaps and opportunities, analyze requirements and formulate successful business strategies.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
• Monitor, analyze, and report on market trends, industry trends, technology progression, and competitive activity.
• Provide data and insights to assist in the development of value propositions, Market Requirements, Business Plans and Business Strategies.
• Understand KNA business strategies so that insights regarding all areas of product planning including productivity, quality, operational costs, and customer satisfaction can be considered and created.
• Supports training and self-serve analytics across the organization.
• Analyzes and identifies opportunities for improving business processes and efficiencies. Develops requirements for new research systems and enhancements to existing systems while ensuring the system design fits business needs.
• Acts as a liaison between Management, PMD’s, consultants, and others in the analysis, design, configuration, and communication of research insights to ensure optimal understanding that meets business requirements.
• Reads and interprets research data and translates in terms understandable to the end-users.
• Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes. Documents risks, business scenarios, functions, and requirements.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• EDUCATION : Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Research analytics, Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
• In lieu of a degree, 3-5 years of analytical experience in logistics or related fields required.
• With a degree, 0-3 years of experience required.
• EXPERIENCE : Experience in off-road markets especially compact construction, agriculture, commercial turf care, landscaping, commercial rental, etc.
• Project management experience. Lean skills and experience (TPS, Six Sigma) is preferred.
• KNOWLEDGE : Familiarity with big data processes (extracting, storage, processing, scripting, etc.) and associated tool/products (e.g., Winshuttle) is preferred.
• Familiarity with sales and marketing, purchasing, forecasting and inventory planning, and distribution philosophies.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, power pivots, charts, etc.) and PowerPoint (graphics, visual communication, etc.).
• TRAVEL : Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Typical office environment. Ability to function in off-road environments to participate in occasional customer visits in construction, agricultural and commercial customer workplaces.
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
• Pay Type Salary
• Travel Required Yes
• Travel % 30
• Required Education High School
• Grapevine, TX, USA
Share this job: