PHARMACY TECHNICIAN - PRN
Job Locations US-VA-VINTON
Line of Business PharMerica
Position Type PRN
Join our PharMerica team! PharMerica is a closed-door pharmacy where you can focus on fulfilling the pharmaceutical needs of our long-term care and senior living clients. We offer a non-retail pharmacy environment. Our organization is in high growth mode , which means advancement opportunities for individuals who are looking for career progression!
Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Company paid STD and LTD
Employee Discount Program
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
• Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
• Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
• Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
• May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
• Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
• Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
• May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
• Assists in the training of new employees
• Also performs at least one of the following:
• Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
• Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
• Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
• Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
• Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
• Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
• Performs other tasks as assigned
• Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology. Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications. Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication. Pharmacy Technician license.
• Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com . Follow us on Facebook , Twitter , and LinkedIn .
Apply Now Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
iCIMS Application FAQs ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from our company. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
We take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver’s license, bank information, or payment for work equipment, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning our company, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@brightspringhealth.com .
Click here for additional FAQ information.