$28,000.00 - $45,072.55 Annually
6/2/2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
General Definition of Work Performs intermediate administrative support work assisting the public, collecting, and receipting revenue, processing payments, posting to and reconciling accounts, entering data, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the moderate supervision of the Treasurer.
Essential Functions • Greets visitors; answers telephone; provides information, answers questions and responds to inquiries or complaints; forwards calls to appropriate party.
• Collects and receipts revenue paid to the City such as taxes, fees, business licenses, other miscellaneous accounts, etc.; assists with collection at the counter.
• Prepares correspondence on unpaid tickets; submits tickets to the Police Department for satisfactory disposition.
• Issues dog licenses.
• Assists with deposits of cash collected.
• Assists in the preparation and mailing of all tax tickets.
• Balances weekly, monthly, and yearly assessments from Commissioner of the Revenue's Office
• Processes outgoing and incoming mail.
• Prepares, reviews, balances, and posts revenue collection batches to financial software; balances and reconciles accounts.
• Process State work and reports when necessary.
• Balances daily cash register journal, cash, and receipts; processes ACH credits for credit cards; processes payments of accounts receivable fees.
• Trains new and/or temporary, seasonal personnel.
Qualification Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Requirements Obtain Master Deputy Treasurer certification within two years of hire.