The Provider Relations Specialist’s main responsibility is to uphold the friendly and helpful relationship Delta Dental of VA has with the provider community. Daily job duties include, but are not limited to, maintaining provider and supplier records, processing credentialing and re-credentialing paperwork, looking up code specific fees per region, setting up direct deposits (EFT), and assisting providers with the portal. This position will also support our Network Development Specialists with any administrative needs while they are working in the field.
• Maintain excellent attention to detail to meet 98% accuracy department standards through weekly audits.
• Friendly upbeat personality with dental offices through daily phone calls.
• Ability to resolve issues appropriately with dentists and dental office staff.
• Must have the ability to read written materials, write, follow oral and written instructions, use a PC and perform other clerical duties.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• The ability to follow established procedures with moderate decision making.
• Maintain provider database.
• Resolve national provider file (NPF) issues.
• Perform technical and administrative work under general supervision.
• Requires High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Three or more years of work experience in insurance or dental field.
• Experience with database reporting and proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with providers via telephone, email and prepare correspondence.
• Ability to multi-task and plan strategically for organizational success.
• The ability to focus for long periods of time.
• A positive attitude with ability to adapt to change and learn new things.
• Demonstrated experience leading people and getting results through others.
• Ability to think and plan strategically for organizational success.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demand s: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Work environment: The work is limited to the office environment with occasional trips to other office facilities or locations necessitating walking outdoors or driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
This description provides information regarding the essential functions of the designated job, and the general nature and level of work associated with the job. It should not be interpreted to describe all the duties whose performance may be required of such employees or be used to limit the nature and extent of assignments such an individual may be given.