250532 - Occupational Therapist - Bassett, VA- 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare staffing is looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work onsite at our client's facility in Bassett, VA.
Shift : Monday - Friday
• Selects and performs evaluation and treatment methods which correlates to the age of the patient, the patient's diagnosis, symptoms and physician orders and documents per chart and review standards.
• Orients patients, family and/or other appropriate parties to the purpose and procedures of the therapy evaluation and treatment. Provides appropriate patient education, family teaching and support which relates to the needs of the patient and family.
• Coordinates treatment schedules with disciplines using appropriate scheduling procedures.
• Monitors program effectiveness and outcomes, initiating programs and development of new programs.
• Performs pain assessment and takes appropriate action according to standard operating procedure.
• Obtains and documents appropriately all required and pertinent patient information, including precautions, orders, and initial plan of care.
• Participates with inter-disciplinary team in the development and accurate documentation of a discharge plan.
• Identifies significant changes in patient's condition and takes appropriate actions, as evidenced in reporting, staffing consultations and documentation.
• Provides clinical supervision to OTA in a collaborative manner following state licensure and care delivery standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Additional Job Description:
• Demonstrates understanding and follows infection control policies and procedures according to standard operating procedure.
• Maintains requirements for age specific competencies for the position and demonstrates the knowledge or principles of growth and developments and the skills necessary to provide patient/customer care/services.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of and compliance with:
• All pertinent safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Working safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
• The work environment safety procedures and prompt reporting of unsafe practices, procedures, accidents, injuries or other safety violations to the Leader.
• The use of all safety equipment and personal protective equipment.
• Occupational Therapist | North Dakota State Board of Occupational Therapy
• Occupational Therapist (OTR/L) | National Board Cert. Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
• Driver's License with Acceptable Driving Record | Drivers License - Current State Licensed
• Basic Life Support (BLS) | American Heart Association (AHA)
• SNF Experience preferred
Employment Type: CONTRACTOR