Full Job Description
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, and Dallas. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees. This includes our most recent honor of being recognized as one of the semifinalists for the 2023 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
This position performs specialized duties in support of the college’s admissions process to assure initial student record is accurate and determines eligibility for admission to the College.
• Is responsible to understand, support, and carry out the college’s mission, vision, and values and comply with mandates and regulations of government and accrediting bodies.
• Supports the GHC strategic priorities: Access & Opportunity, Inclusivity & Engagement, Student Success, and Efficiency & Effectiveness
• Processes admissions applications and makes admissions decisions.
• Makes initial residency determination
• Generates acceptance and denial letters
• Evaluates new students for testing or orientation requirements
• Responds to student inquiries by telephone and in person
• Assists in the training of admissions and other enrollment management personnel
• Works with IT personnel to test and implement new software
• Evaluates and processes high school transcripts
• Researches the accreditation of external colleges and schools
• Evaluates and processes nursing program applications as assigned
• Responds to college administrators in regards to unusual or complicated admissions decisions
• Represents the college at various institutional and public events
• Performs related duties
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Or equivalent combination of experience and/or education
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial Transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions and student enrollment
• Knowledge of admissions requirements
• Knowledge of University System and college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
Apply Before Date
Applications will be accepted until filled.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Highlands College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*