Requisition ID: 155906
Posting Locations: Roanoke
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
This is a part-time job with work starting at 5:00 pm until completion.
The Checker is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all customer orders leaving the warehouse by inspecting and verifying all completed orders, documenting any discovered discrepancies, and ensuring any discovered discrepancies are corrected on the order prior to loading for delivery. This position will also review and inspect the accuracy of all route delivery trucks upon return to the warehouse, document any discovered discrepancies, and make all needed changes prior to finalizing the route truck check-in process.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Verifies the accuracy of customer orders by inspecting built pallets to ensure they are adequately built, stabilized, and secure for transportation to the customer, and reviewing pick tickets to ensure the product type and quantity are correct
• Inspects returning route delivery trucks to determine if they are in the proper condition for the check-in process and performs blind counts of all returning route delivery trucks to compare counts to the reported quantities of the returning route delivery trucks
• Documents any discrepancies, changes, additions, or subtractions required to customer order (miss-picks, pallet types, additional pallets, out-of-stocks, etc) on the proper reports (load bay diagrams, pick tickets), and provides information to the appropriate personnel
• Accounts for all returned product and deposit items on the route delivery trucks and ensures information is classified correctly, including but not limited to out-of-date, damaged, good items, and pallets
• Communicates with the responsible warehouse teammates when a mistake is discovered so the needed correction(s) can be made to the specific pallet of a customer order
• Communicates with route delivery drivers any issues discovered and makes the needed changes to the final load-in prior to finalizing the check-in process
• Maintains cleanliness and safety of work area and warehouse, performs other tasks including pallet building as determined, and requested by management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Attention to detail
• Understanding of basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere while walking and repetitively lifting 30 lbs
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Ability to collaborate within a team environment
• Ability to coordinate and organize efficient and dependable warehouse processes
• Ability to adapt to needs of role in different work areas throughout the workday and meet minimum expectations of those different work areas
• Ability to read and interpret instructions from a computer screen
• Attention to detail and ability to differentiate our packages
• Ability to work in a noisy and non-climate controlled (hot in summer, cold in winter) environment
• Intentional self-starter who takes initiative and proactively seeks out value-add opportunities
• Flexibility (schedules, hours change with the demands of the business)
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge acquired through up to 12 months of work experience
• PIT (Powered Industrial Truck)
• Pallet Jack Certification
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.