We are looking for an experienced and passionate Basketball Coach to join our team. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in basketball, including knowledge of the game, drills, and strategies. The successful candidate will be able to motivate and inspire players, develop practice plans, and create an environment that fosters team spirit and camaraderie. We are looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and has excellent communication skills.
The program serves as a basketball feeder for the Hidden Valley school district. Tournaments are played in southwest and central Virginia. The head coaching role is a volunteer position that offers very little compensation, but great for building a coaching resume.
* Set desired practice frequency and tournament schedule with General Manager and Executive Director of the Roanoke Renegades Program (GM and Executive director will execute all scheduling and fundraising).
* Acquire assistant coaches as necessary
* Recruit and select players for Roanoke County
* Develop and implement strategies to improve team performance.
* Teach basketball fundamentals and techniques to players of all ages.
* Motivate players to reach their full potential.
* Develop and maintain relationships with players, parents, and other stakeholders.
* Develop and implement practice plans.
* Communicate effectively with players, parents, and other stakeholders.
* Ensure proper techniques and safe teaching of skill development
* Help conduct evaluations in November for the local youth recreation program, which is aligned with the Roanoke Renegades
* Winter Schedule: December, January, February, March
* Summer Schedule: Open Gym Practices Once A Week
* Middle School, High School, Travel or College Coaching Experience
* Must live in the Roanoke, VA Region or be able to commute to practices multiple times a week.
* Strong communication skills
* Strong teamwork
* Strong leadership
* Knowledgeable in basketball player development and growth
* Mild Mannered and Positive
* Must handle the physical requirements of the position
* Volunteer role with the potential to receive a $1500 stipend at the completion of the season.
Job Type: Part-time
* Flexible schedule
* Choose your own hours
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Roanoke, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person