The Roanoke County School Board seeks applications from persons interested in a position as an Information Technology Technician at William Byrd Middle School for the 2023-24 school year beginning July 1, 2023. This position is a Full-time, 260 days, 8 hours/day position, eligible for benefits on the RCPS Pay Plan Grade 117.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES : Provides technology troubleshooting and ongoing school-based technical support to staff and students. The IT technician will work closely with the school assigned Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT) in a collaborative effort to offer exemplary support. This position reports to and is evaluated by the Director of Technology.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Maintain assigned programs (hardware and software).
• Provide technical support to staff and students.
• Troubleshoot and repair computer and peripheral equipment.
• Install and support new equipment; upgrade/update software as needed.
• Collaborate with staff on software installation regarding tech requirements and departmental processes.
• Prepare and support technology for online testing.
• Participate in on-going technical support training.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
• Practice confidentiality always.
• Follow school board policy and procedures.
• Perform all other duties as required by your supervisor which are deemed necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Professional Knowledge -The IT technician demonstrates good knowledge of troubleshooting and operation of district computer hardware and common software applications.
• Keep abreast of industry standards and trends.
• Demonstrates judgement and ability to advise clientele regarding department matters.
• Demonstrates an understanding of 21stCentury Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Creativity, Citizenship.
• Demonstrates continuous professional growth and organizational skills.
• Effectively use a team approach and collaboration to accomplish tasks.
Work Standards and Skills -The IT technician demonstrates the ability to carry-out repair schedules and maintenance plans for technical resources.
• Knowledge of support ticketing process.
• Deal with problems or emergency situations in a reasonable, timely and appropriate manner.
• Collaborate with school staff and students to support technology programs.
• Collaborate with ITRT team and central office technical staff to support division initiatives.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and maintain required vendor certifications
• Demonstrate teamwork and dependability.
• Assist in developing plans for maintenance, and installation of building technologies.
• Maintain organization and neatness in work areas.
• Demonstrate safe work habits and take proper care of equipment.
• Monitor the use of technology materials to achieve optimal performance of resources.
• Exhibit punctuality.
• Complete assigned tasks on time and accurately.
• Demonstrate appropriate dress, proper hygiene and personal appearance.
• Accept change willingly.
• Exercise sound judgment in decision making.
Professionalism and Abilities - The IT technician communicates effectively, understands, and executes oral and written instructions and has excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Practice confidentiality always.
• Maintains an attitude of mutual respect and courtesy.
• Communicate clearly and check for understanding.
• Adhere to federal and state laws, school and division policies.
• Serve as an active member of the division IT team.
• React positively to constructive criticism and suggestions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma; some continuing education is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer and phone system; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels; physical agility to lift up to 50 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk, to reach overhead, and to drive a vehicle. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Possession of a valid driver's license.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employment Type: ["OTHER"]