How You'll Help Transform Healthcare:
Welcome to a promising future with this unique career opportunity. At Carilion Clinic, our team provides support for Revenue Cycle Management in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The RCM Specialist provides general support for Revenue Cycle Management functions within specified area. Maintains knowledge of all Revenue Cycle Management areas and activities, while specializing in knowledge of specified area. This position works under limited supervision and may look to the RCM Analyst for help in answering questions and completing tasks/projects. Will use discretion/or good judgment in unstructured situations. Works in a fast-paced, office environment with high productivity and accuracy standards that requires focus and concentration on tedious details and research.
Job duties for the RCM Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitors and reviews work queues and high dollar and/or high risk accounts to determine appropriate account action and follow-up.
• Conducts analysis of accounts and follows guidelines established by RCM management to achieve successful processing by payors of claims. Has a working knowledge of payors specific policies and procedures.
• Recognizes the varying timeframe requirements as assigned by payor and is the primary line of defense against any timely filing potential losses.
• Shares concerns identified along with suggested solutions with team lead/management for resolution.
• Manages denial, aged, no response, and at risk account work queues.
• Reports any erroneous processing trends by payor to team lead/management.
• Adheres to all departmental policies and procedures.
• Identifies and analyzes problem accounts, determines solutions and implements corrections to result in accurate processing/payment of claims.
Office Hours 9:30 to 6:00 During training, hours are 8:15-4:45 M-F
Once intense office training is complete, this will be a work from home position and the successful candidate must have a separate and designated office space as well as high speed internet connection.
Experience Required; call center, customer service, effective interpersonal communication, teamwork and problem solving skills. Candidate should have demonstrated ability to adapt with changing processes, time management and ability to work independently. Written communication skills are a must with computer aptitude, typing greater than 45 WPM.
What We Require:
Education: High School graduate required; college course work preferred in Business or Accounting.
Experience: Two years experience within specified area or other applicable experience required. Communication, analytical and problem-solving skills required. Proficiency in EPIC Fundamentals preferred.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 140360
Employment Status: Full time
Location: RCM Payment Services
Shift Details: Monday thru Friday - 9:30 to 6 pm
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Other, see job description
Hours per Week:
View what local employers are paying Customer Service Representatives