Signature Aviation is a market leading global aviation services provider with over 220 locations and 6,000 employees worldwide. Eligible team members enjoy a wide array of benefits including health and welfare options, generous 401k match, paid time off, tuition assistance, and limitless opportunities for training and development.
Perform scheduled, unscheduled or special inspections in compliance with regulatory authorities and industry standards.
• Troubleshoot and perform maintenance and repairs on aircraft, engines and a variety of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components and accessories such as propellers, starters, generators, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, actuators, wheels, tires and brakes.
• Troubleshoot and perform structural repairs to airframes, including sheet metal work, riveting, patching and fiberglass/composite work.
• Perform system troubleshooting and operational and functional checks; service oil, fuel and hydraulic systems; provides nitrogen and oxygen servicing; inspect and repair pitot static systems and battery services.
• Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions.
• Remove and install aircraft components. Install optional or added equipment to aircraft.
• Perform aircraft engine run and taxi, as qualified, to test system performance. Participate in maintenance test flights for system performance, troubleshooting and alignment.
• Understand the operation of various airframe and power plant systems.
• Ensure the calibration of all shop test equipment is accurate by using shop calibration records and procedures and report discrepancies to management.
• Assist and train other technicians in repair of systems, structures and engines when needed.
• Performs daily inspections, corrective and preventive maintenance on all ground support equipment.
• Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
• Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil and hydraulic fluid.
• Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
• Completion of GSE paperwork as required
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requisition Type: Hourly
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
• Regularly walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
• Frequently sit.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
• Read and comprehend safety rules, instructions and procedures.
• Communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
• Perform simple math calculations and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
• Report to work in a regular and timely manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus practical knowledge of basic airframe and engine repair as well as knowledge of ground support equipment repair. Previous experience with general aviation or corporate jet aircraft preferred. Must have A&P license. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet