Willis Elementary School
Classified - Position - Cafeteria Worker
Job Number 3700222274
This position will primarily involve cooking. Food service experience is preferred.
Job Goal: To perform any and all duties and assume any responsibilities designated by the manager and/or principal.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED equivalency required.
• Performs efficiently the duties related to cleaning assigned areas of the kitchen.
• Reports to work at the designated time and remains until dismissed by the manager.
• Maintains pleasant working relations with fellow employees by showing consideration for others, patience, respect, self-control and other desirable character traits.
• Follows instructions from the manager relating to safety measures, sanitation practices, personal standards, work techniques and methods of performing duties.
• Performs duties involved in the safe preparation and handling of food, cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities, serving food, cashiering and record-keeping.
• Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as expected of all staff.
• Attends training and staff meetings as required.
• Follows guidelines as set out in the Floyd County School Nutrition Standards of Operating Procedures/HACCP Plan.
• Discharges all responsibilities and fulfills all obligations as specified in contract, policies and guidelines of the Floyd County School Board.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the superintendent.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The school division may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this job as it deems advisable.
Reports To Cafeteria Manager
Job Posting Link www.floyd.k12.va.us/employment/
Salary Range: From/To
$14,664 - $26,588
Based on 2023-24 SY salary scales
Start Date August 2023
Cafeteria Personnel / Manager / Cook Dishwashing, Quantity Food Preparation, Sanitation, Serving, Foodhandler/Servesafe Card
Additional Job Information
If a sufficient number of job applications are received prior to the posted closing date, the hiring manager may review applications, schedule and conduct interviews, and make a recommendation to the Superintendent of Floyd County Schools prior to the posted closing date.
Floyd County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age, in its programs and activities. Inquiries should be directed to Floyd County Schools, 140 Harris Hart Rd NE, Floyd, VA 24091. Telephone (540) 745-9400.
Back Login and Apply