Legal Secretary (Henry County, VA)
Welcome to Henry County, Virginia. One of the keys to our success is hiring good employees. Our employees are dedicated, service oriented individuals working together to serve our community. If you are interested in joining our team, we welcome you to apply for employment opportunities with Henry County and Henry County Public Service Authority.
The County of Henry is seeking an individual to fill the position of Legal Secretary for the Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office. This individual will perform intermediate legal clerical and administrative work. Qualified individual should have an understanding of the judicial process and legal procedures and practices; knowledge of criminal justice system preferred. This individual must be able to communicate effectively and interact with courts and counsel while exercising good judgment and discretion.
High School Diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of three years of experience in a legal setting such as a law office, governmental agency or court system. A copy of the job description that outlines the duties and responsibilities is available in Human Resources for your review. The salary range for this position effective July 1, 2023 is $34,550 - $36,305 annually ($17.72-18.62/hour) depending on qualifications, plus excellent benefits. The work schedule is 37 ½ hours per week.
• Paid vacation/sick leave and 13 paid holidays
• Defined benefit retirement plan through Virginia Retirement System
• Employer paid health insurance for employee
• Employer paid short and long-term disability (Hybrid employees)
• Employer paid life insurance
• Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
• Employee Assistance Program
Applicants may use the same online application to apply to multiple job postings and update as necessary. In order to apply, one must submit his or her saved application to each job posting.
Henry County/Henry County PSA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Department: Commonwealths Attorneys Office
This is a full time position
To see additional opportunities, please visit our careers page HERE
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs
If we don't have an open position that fits you, feel free to subscribe to our Talent Team email! Enter your name, email address and position(s) you're interested in, and whenever we open a new position matching your criteria we'll notify you immediately.
* First name: * Last name:
* Email address: * Send me openings in these areas:
Administration Building Inspection Circuit Court Clerks Office Commissioner of Revenues Office Commonwealths Attorneys Office Communications E911 Customer Service Engineering/Mapping Finance Human Resources Information Services Maintenance Parks & Recreation Philpott Water Systems Planning PSA Shop Public Safety Purchasing Refuse Registrar Sheriffs Office Treasurers Office Treatment Maintenance Wastewater Treatment Circuit Court Judges Office
I'm interested in:
Share this job
Leave this field blank
* First name
* Last name
State Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District Of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming ─ American Samoa Guam N. Mariana Islands Puerto Rico U.S. Virgin Islands U.S. Minor Islands --- Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon Territory
* Phone number
* Attach your Resume Attach
* Attach a Cover letter Attach
* Can you show proof of your legal right to work in the United States? Yes No How did you hear about this position? Amber martin Colleague Employee referral EQSuite.com Everett harper External recruiter Facebook Glassdoor Google search grabjobs Henry County, VA Henry County / Henry County PSA website Henry County website Indeed Informed to apply by a employee who know my mother I volunteer at FCRS Job fair Jooble LinkedIn Monster MyJobHelper Newspaper Posted at work StartWire Virginia Workforce Connection Walk-in Was told to apply. web search ZipRecruiter Other
* Please enter who you were referred by
* Please enter how you heard about this position