(part of Berkshire Hathaway)
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Up to $16 an hour - Full-time
Read what people are saying about working here.
Job details No matching job preferences
Up to $16 an hour
Shift and Schedule
8 hour shift
10 hour shift
Pulled from the full job description
401(k) 4% Match
Opportunities for advancement
Full Job Description
We are looking for an experienced and skilled person with remarkable skills, who will run a store effectively and with attention to detail. Who will create positive memories for all who touch DQ. The shift leader will assist the General Manager (GM) in executing specific aspects of the restaurant operations, which may include financial performance, product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing. Set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work.
Full Time Breakfast Manager at $14.00/Hr. + $1.00/Hr Attendance Bonus
401K with Employer 4% Match (Full Time)
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (Full Time)
Free Meals Program
Incentive Point Based System
Opportunities for Career Advancement
Professional Training in Customer Service, Food Service, and Leadership
Fun and Engaging Work Environment
• Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
• Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Lift up to 50 pounds.
• Work around nuts and other allergens.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the GM.
• Minimum 1-3 years of high-volume restaurant leadership experience, required. Previous quick service restaurant experience strongly preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Proven record of accomplishment of effectively managing COGS and labor.
• Strong knowledge and application of safe food handling practices.
• Must be ServSafe® certifiable
• Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
• Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer or coach to others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
• Management skills - excellent record of accomplishment of coaching and training employees and effectively resolving employee relations issues. Ability to motivate a strong team and set a positive and upbeat store environment.
• Organization and goal focus - must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to oversee many aspects of the business and multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to actively work to achieve and exceed set goals for the business.
• Technical - proficiency with computers and with Point of Sale systems.
• Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ standards in all you do.
• Integrity - does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns the trust of others.
• Manage entire operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts. Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the Fan’s expectations in the areas of quality, service, and atmosphere, creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price. Accurately complete designated duties such as inventory control, ordering of products, cash control.
• Ensure that shift leads, and crew are trained and fully knowledgeable on all PRIDE systems and routines, product recipes, food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
• Ensure that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each scheduled shift up for success.
• Assist in the execution of the restaurant’s business plan as directed by the GM, taking advice and coaching from the owner, GM, ADQ Business Consultants, field staff or territory operator.
• Understand how to react to issues impacting the restaurant’s profit & loss (P&L) to optimize sales and profit, such as analyzing COGS and taking corrective action if necessary, maintaining inventory, projecting restaurant demand changes throughout the year and adjusting labor, accordingly, ensuring that cash control/security procedures are followed, and understanding the P&L implications of workers’ compensation claims.
• Assist the GM with developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks and frequency of Fan visits.
• Ensure that Fan service in all areas meets or exceeds company standards.
• Establish standards for the management team and crew to handle customer concerns.
• Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately addressed to resolve the problem and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan.
• Understand the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in workflow.
• Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership:
• Accomplish store objectives by assisting the GM with hiring, training, coaching, and developing shift leads and crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
• Assist the GM with thorough training and new hire orientations; clearly communicate job expectations; monitor each employee and manager’s performance and job contributions, provide ongoing and helpful feedback against expectations.
• Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
• At a minimum, have a basic understanding of how to prepare hourly employee schedules to meet the staffing requirements for each day part and seasonal demands, as determined by the GM. Ideally, should be able to perform this task for review and approval by the GM.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
Health and Safety Standards:
• Assist the GM with ensuring that Food Safety is the top training priority in store operations. Ensure that proper hand washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
• Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations, and maintaining security systems or routines.
• Understands how to react in the event of an emergency such as a workers compensation accident, a robbery, etc.
• Bring useful ideas to management about how to attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales through marketing promotions and activities.
• May assist the GM in some assigned aspects of local store marketing activities and projects such as public and community relations programs, evaluating local competitors’ store marketing, identifying, and tracking changing consumer demands.
About Dairy Queen
Dairy Queen® (DQ®) franchisees, employees and crew members have been focused on creating positive memories for all who touch DQ®, for over 75 years. Unlike any other quick-service brand, DQ® food and treats hold a special place in the hearts of fans of all ages, from all around the globe. That’s why DQ® fans have always been our top priority and why we continue to look for new ways to surprise and delight them. Doing so is our passion. It’s what sets DQ® restaurants apart and is what is helping us reach our vision of being the world’s favorite quick-service restaurant
Pay: Up to $16 / hour
• Bonus pay
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Life insurance
• 401(k) matching
• Employee discount
• Paid training
• Referral program
Job types: Full-time
• 8 hour shift
• 10 hour shift
• Weekend availability
• On call
• Day shift
• Night shift
Education: No education required
Work location: On-site
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted today