JOB TITLE: Special Population Paraprofessional (Autism)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Principal
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under direction of the school principal and special education teacher, plan and provide for appropriate learning experiences for students. Provide an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of the students to ensure success. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings. Communicate and interact with students and staff. Assist in the development, selection and modification of instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students. Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices. Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities. Adhere to Henry County Schools’ policies, regulations and procedures. Participation in staff development and Safety Care training required.
• Assists in the planning of a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the needs, interests and abilities of the students in accordance with the student’s IEP.
• Meets and instructs students in the locations and at the times designated on a regular and consistent basis.
• Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Assists in the provision of an instructional program to meet the needs of the students.
• Assists in the preparation of classes assigned by organizing materials and supplies prior to instruction.
• Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals
• Reviews the objectives for all lessons, units, projects and assignments and clearly communicates these objectives to students.
• Plans for and utilizes instructional methods, resources and evaluation techniques which motivate and enable each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Implements all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, HCPS policy and administrative regulation.
• Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, enforce reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Attends staff meetings as required by the school administration.
• Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university or completion of 48 credit hours from an accredited college or university or passing score on the ParaPro examination.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects, and some light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Work requires reaching, pushing, and pulling, use of hands to grasp, handle or feel, fine manipulation, and repetitive motions. Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operation of office equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities. The worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required to employees to this job.
Position will be posted until filled.
Henry County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to limited funds, Henry County Public Schools is unable to sponsor Visas.
Primary Location Rich Acres Elementary School Salary Range $22,750.00 - $31,317.00 / Per Year Shift Type Full-Time