How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
This is the job opportunity where you can bring your valuable skills to life. At Carilion Clinic, our team provides life-saving assistance in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
The Emergency Medical Technician's primary responsibility is to the patient. The EMT provides basic life support skills in accordance with protocols. The EMT also acts as driver, assists advanced life support personnel in the treatment of the sick and injured. The EMT has frequent interaction with patients, families, hospital, and medical staff, and other community agencies needed to provide appropriate services to patients. Works primarily in the field with some office environment. Often job can be fast paced and extremely stressful. Scheduled personal plans often interrupted by emergency calls or late referrals. High physical effort is required for moving and extricating patients, as well as long work hours.
The EMT job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides emergency treatment at the scene of an accident or medical emergency. Has the ability to distinguish between life threatening and non-life threatening emergencies.
• Has the ability to know when a patient requires a higher level of care.
• Records and communicates data to the designated medical command authority or responsible physician.
• Initiates non-invasive treatment as required by the patient and that State, Federal, and Local protocol provides for at certification level.
• Assesses and reports the patients response to that treatment initiates appropriate changes as required.
• Does daily checks of Unit assignment to, cleans, stocks, and reports malfunctions to in-house mechanic.
• Obtains all information needed for insurance billings of patients as well as has working knowledge of such insurance requirements, and passes information along to patients as requested.
• Acts as attendant in charge as well as driver.
• Works with advanced life support personnel in setting up -needed equipment.
• Performs basic life support treatment to interfacility and EMS patient types.
What We Require:
All of our driving positions do require that you provide a copy of your current driving record and meet eligibility requirements.
Education: High School graduate or equivalent required.
Experience: One year experience with Emergency Medical Service preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Must be certified as an Emergency Medical Technician in the State of Virginia. AHA BLS - HCP required. HAZMAT Awareness and PHTLS or BTLS Basic required within one year of hire date.
Other Minimum Qualifications: All of our driving positions do require that you provide a copy of your current driving record and meet eligibility requirements. Must maintain continuing education hours to meet re-certification status as required by State (National) standards.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.