Onsite, Remote or Hybrid: Onsite
Sign on Bonus: $2,000 sign-on bonus available per applicable guidelines (external applicants only)
How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
As a vital member of our team, you’ll not only play an important role in our patient care community, but you will also be supported in an environment defined by compassion, innovation, and a deep commitment to your personal well-being and professional development. You’ll perform a variety of duties related to food preparation and storage and general sanitation of the department.
• Complete all general food service tasks as assigned, which may include storeroom, tray assembly and/or delivery, and related cleaning.
• Log temperatures according to documentation requirements.
• Ring up customer sales on cash register, balance cash drawer, make deposits when needed.
• Clean and sanitize equipment and areas as assigned.
• Provide catering services for events and meetings.
• Meet with patients to obtain menu and snack selection per physician diet order.
What We Require:
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• One or more years of food service experience perferred.
• In areas in which employee is deemed in charge of departmental operations, SERV-Safe Certification or equivalent certification from the Virginia Health Department; or ability to obtain certification within year one in this position.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Keyboarding or computer skills for automated computer systems or the ability to learn this skill, including electronic medical records preferred.
Position is deemed ‘emergency personnel’ during emergency weather conditions. Must provide own transportation and travel to other Carilion work sites. May be required to work at other Carilion facilities to meet staffing needs.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 139172
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift: Any Day, Any Shift
Shift Details: Available to work between the hours 5:30am-6:30pm
Recruiter: TAMIKA D RICKMAN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.