Corporate Payroll Manager
3525 Fairystone Park Hwy, Bassett, VA 24055
Read what people are saying about working here.
Pulled from the full job description
Indeed's salary guide • Not provided by employer
• $68.6K - $86.9K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Bassett, VA.
Corporate Payroll Manager
Bassett Furniture is seeking a Corporate Payroll Manager to be responsible for all facets of payroll processing and reporting. This position processes monthly salaried payroll cycles and assists with weekly payrolls, completes federal and state payroll tax reporting, manages the salaried payroll database, and administers all other payroll-related functions. Requiring attention to detail and strict confidentiality, the Corporate Payroll Manager is based at our corporate headquarters in Bassett, VA.
· Enter and check all information necessary for the accurate processing of monthly payrolls for salaried exempt and non-exempt employees;
· Work closely with remote payroll administrators to process weekly payrolls for hourly manufacturing and retail commissioned employees;
· Process quarterly federal and state tax reports, including 941, 940, and SUI, and ensure that payroll tax obligations are met;
· Maintain personnel files for all salaried employees;
· Serve as liaison with 401(k) administrator to process contribution rate changes, loan payments and file exchanges;
· Work closely with benefits director to ensure accurate benefits deductions are taken and properly remitted;
· Serve as Sarbanes-Oxley process owner to ensure processes adhere to audit requirements;
· Process annual W-2 reporting.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll management, including tax reporting and file management;
· Experience with handling sensitive information and maintaining strict confidentiality and discretion;
· Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to process payrolls and reports accurately and on schedule;
· Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, as they relate to payroll.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or other protected category.
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 1 day ago