Director of Facility Maintenance | Water's Edge Country Club
Penhook, VA 24137
Read what people are saying about working here.
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Indeed's salary guide • Not provided by employer
• $76.2K - $96.4K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Penhook, VA.
Full Job Description Overview:
Water's Edge Country Club is seeking a Director of Maintenance to join our team. The Director of Maintenance manages a comprehensive facilities maintenance program to main the quality of club facilities in accordance with sound engineering practices. Oversees day-to-day operations of department and personnel including maintenance, housekeeping and laundry staff; directs service calls; repairs, alters and installs work according to developed or pre-set guidelines; troubleshoots malfunctions; responds to service calls; and keeps premises, buildings and equipment in a clean and orderly condition by performing or directing the following duties.
The positio is full-time and offers outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid time off, holiday pay, and a daily complimentary staff meal.
Water's Edge Country Club is a McConnell Golf Property. To learn more about the club, please visit our website at www.watersedgecountryclub.com.
To learn more about McConnell Golf, please visit www.mcconnellgolf.com.
• Produces an annual budget that accurately reflects costs of operation of Maintenance, Housekeeping and Laundry Departments
• Directly supervises all maintenance, housekeeping, and laundry personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Inspects Club facilities and equipment daily and takes appropriate routine, preventive or emergency measures to assure integrity
• Maintenance, repair and installation of lighting in clubhouse and surrounding parking lot, trees, walkways, footer lights, mailboxes and all streetlights.
• Maintains work order database on a daily basis; trains and schedules staff.
• Makes cost estimates of labor and material essential for maintenance of the facility and equipment. Confers with contractors, vendors, etc. Purchases necessary operational and maintenance supplies in accordance with the approved budget
• Confers will all authorities, inspectors and underwriters and makes changes accordingly to comply with regulations of local, state and federal government
• Performs all electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair on facility equipment and systems. Makes carpentry and plumbing repairs. Troubleshoots HVAC and refrigeration equipment
• As MIS Manager, has overall responsibility for managing information systems and computing resources for the organization. Some specific responsibilities are to: (1) Determine the needs of the user and make sure that the organization is providing systems that meet those needs, (2) Evaluate use of technology in the organization. Recommend improvements in technology (hardware and software upgrades) (3) Manage back-up and security systems (4) Oversee the organization’s communications network. Make software changes and hardware repairs as necessary (5) Stay abreast of advances in technology. These duties also include maintenance of the computerized HVAC system, Telephone Switch, Automated Attendant and Voice Mail system.
Education and/or Experience
• Two-year degree in related field preferred but not required
• 5 years progressive experience with electrical, HVAC, and plumbing required
• Supervisory experience a plus
• Electrical certification preferred
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
• Mechanically inclined with all-around knowledge of mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical and refrigeration. Hands-on capabilities for repairs.
• Organizational abilities to coordinate club projects and renovations.
• Understanding of energy management and related systems.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-discipline projects and utilize technical support staff.
• Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
• Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
• Frequent repetitive motions.
• Continuous standing and walking.
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 12 days ago