247188 - Physical Therapist - Rocky Mount, VA - 13 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare Team is looking for experienced Physical Therapist to work for our contracted facility.
Shift: Mon - Fri, Days
• The Physical Therapist initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences.
• Provides physical therapy services to patient according to a written physician's plan of care. This may include, but not limited to
• Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
• Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait and ROM-potential for rehab. For hospice, less of a goal of rehab, more a focus on maintaining comfort.
• Directing physical therapy treatment.
• Instructing patients/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
• Determining priority needs for physical therapy
• Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
• May train patient in the use of prosthetic device
• Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services/hospice and refers as necessary.
• Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
• Participates in discharge planning for patient.
• Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
• Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
• Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
• Participates in peer consultation process.
• BLS/BCLS certifications
• Graduate of an accredited PT school
• Valid state license (Where applicable)
• New Grad are okay.
• SNF Experience preferred
• Covid test 72 hours prior to start date with results issued 48 hours prior to start date
Employment Type: CONTRACTOR