Floyd County High School
Classified - Position - Cafeteria Manager
Job Number 3700219299
Job Goal: To manage the operation of food service programs in an individual school within the budget restraints, under the direction and guidance of the Principal & School Nutrition Specialist.
Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED equivalency required. Evidence of having successful occupational experience/s/ in quality food preparation and related use of institutional equipment. General knowledge of accounting procedures, record keeping, receiving and depositing cash. ServSafe & Food Protection Manager Certification
• To provide input to the School Nutrition Specialist in the evaluation of cafeteria personnel in accordance with regulation and policy.
• Provides leadership in the development of goals for the staff.
• Prepares and posts a master daily production record.
• Instructs staff in accepted food service practices.
• Prepares and reviews with each staff member his/her job description prior to the opening of school each year.
• To provide onsite leadership to food service employees at the school level in food preparation, serving and clean-up process.
• Reviews and enforces the Floyd County Public School Nutrition Standard Operating Procedures.
• Keeps staff informed of policy and procedural changes.
• Assists in obtaining/training qualified substitute cafeteria workers.
• Supervises and assists in food preparation and serving, assuring that menus are followed , food is tasty, served attractively and at the correct temperature, prepared economically and portioned properly.
• Uses correct quantity food preparation techniques.
• Enforces time and productivity, insuring that all work schedules are being adhered to for all food service employees.
• To instruct all employees in the use and care of all equipment.
• Practices and instructs staff in safety precautions in all phases of food service operation.
• To maintain high sanitation and safety standards in preparation, serving and storing food (including leftovers).
• Receives and verifies deliveries and designates area for proper storage.
• Inspects all areas of kitchen before dismissing staff.
• Prepares orders for all foods, supplies, and repairs to equipment.
• Strives for good public relations with students, co-workers, supervisors and faculty.
• Endeavors to increase participation in school food service.
• Strives to improve the food service program.
• Follows all policies of the school and instructions of the Food Service Department relating to safety measures, sanitation practices, personal standards, work techniques and methods of performing duties as outlined in the Floyd County School Nutrition Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintains and holds confidentiality of current free and reduced price meal eligibility list.
• Supervises the counting, rolling and depositing of all monies.
• Supervises and maintains employee time and attendance records.
• Prepares accurate records and submits them at the designated times.
• Participates in all in-service meetings.
• Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as expected of all staff.
• Attends staff & manager meetings as required.
• Discharges all responsibilities and fulfills all obligations as specified in contract, policies and guidelines of the Floyd County School Board.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or the superintendent.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. The school division may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this job as it deems advisable.
Reports To Principal
Job Posting Link www.floyd.k12.va.us/employment/
Salary Range: From/To
$19,389 - $35,170
based on 2022-23 SY salary scales
Stipend for Associates or Bachelors Degree available
Start Date August 2023
Cafeteria Personnel / Manager / Cook Cashiering, Dishwashing, Quantity Food Preparation, Sanitation, Serving, Foodhandler/Servesafe Card
Additional Job Information
If a sufficient number of job applications are received prior to the posted closing date, the hiring manager may review applications, schedule and conduct interviews, and make a recommendation to the Superintendent of Floyd County Schools prior to the posted closing date.
Floyd County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age, in its programs and activities. Inquiries should be directed to Floyd County Schools, 140 Harris Hart Rd NE, Floyd, VA 24091. Telephone (540) 745-9400.
Back Login and Apply