Assistant Athletic Trainer
Ferrum College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ferrum, Virginia, is looking for a motivated, energetic and passionate individual to be our next Assistant Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time, 9 ½ month position that reports directly to the Head Athletic Trainer.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist in providing medical services for Ferrum’s 27 varsity programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for aiding the Head Athletic Trainer in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, referral, and rehabilitation of injuries and illnesses to over 500 student-athletes. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will ensure a culture of compliance within all NCAA Division III, ODAC and Ferrum College rules and regulations, and ensure all staff members and student-athletes comply with same. Finally, the successful candidate will serve in administrative capacity as needed and directed by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or the Director of Athletics.
* Provide daily health care for Ferrum College student-athletes.
* Maintain appropriate athletic training room operations as directed by the head athletic trainer.
* Record and maintain appropriate medical records for treatment given through appropriate athletic training software.
* Provide daily coverage for all practice and competition, including some travel responsibilities, of assigned sports (sport assignments to be determined).
* Assist with inventory maintenance and budget.
* Serve in administrative capacity as needed and directed by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or the Director of Athletics.
* Serve on department and campus-wide committees as requested, as well as other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Assistant Athletic Trainer will have a supervisory role over work study students and student interns.
* Bachelor’s degree; BOC certification; eligible for State of Virginia Athletic Training Licensure; current Emergency Cardiac Care Certified (ECC) certification; basic computer and Microsoft Office skills.
* Master’s Degree; experience working in a coeducational collegiate environment; two or more years of experience as a certified athletic trainer; experience with the The Athletic Trainer System; Additional certifications are desirable (First AID/CPR instructor, reputable strength and conditioning certification, Graston technique, FMS, etc.).
* BOC certification; eligible for State of Virginia Athletic Training Licensure; current Emergency Cardiac Care Certified (ECC) certification; Current and valid driver’s license required.
The candidate must be able to work independently and have the ability to work on evenings and weekends throughout the year to accomplish the tasks necessary for success in this field. The successful candidate must be committed to working and teaching within an environment that embraces the development of students around their education, cultural inclusion and diversity, mental health awareness and NCAA and ODAC compliance.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Ferrum we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic work place, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other roles on campus.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available
View what local employers are paying Athletic Trainers