• Shift: PM Shift
• Department: Manufacturing
• Position Type: Permanent
Base Pay Rate: $24.50 - $28.50 per hour
Shift: 3rd shift
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain electrical and mechanical services through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PM). A mechatronics technician at Level Two typically has a solid foundation in the field of mechatronics, which is an interdisciplinary field that combines principles from mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering.
• Attend breakdowns, identify fault and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production
• Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant components and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service
• Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales
• Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
• Report breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to management
• Ensure all work is performed to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations
• Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced.
• Identify spares requirements and log usage to ensure inventory levels are maintained
• Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance (PM) schedules
• Carry out PM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback to develop the system
• Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
• Make full use of the computerized maintenance management system.
• Fill in job tickets/log completion of work on the computerized maintenance management system
• Operate person lift, fork and other lifting equipment
• Work within 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard
• Ensure all personal protective equipment is identified, always available, correctly used and all associated problems are reported to management
• Ensure all lost time, minor and trivial accidents are reported
• Promote environmental issues and ensure all company procedures are understood and followed
• Ensure a safe working environment exists for self and colleagues, ensuring all health, safety environmental and quality management procedures are followed and achieve the company’s and departmental KPI targets
• Undertake special projects as required
• Undertake continuous training and development
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
• Aid less experienced technicians and apprentices
• Support training needs of the department and provide expertise to apprentices and trainees
• Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
• Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Communicate with clarity and demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities
• Test, troubleshoot, and maintain mechatronic systems and equipment
• Identify and Diagnose Pneumatic and Hydraulic system issues
• Be able to identify and correct mechanical systems issues
• 3-5 Years Industrial Experience
• Mechatronics Certificate Or Associates Degree Preferred
• Solid understanding of all people related processes and procedures
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis above shoulder height and below the waist
• Able to identify root cause of any losses
• Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
• Interpret and apply electrical and mechanical drawings, schematics, and symbols
• Analyze and diagnose mechanical and electrical faults in systems and equipment
• Apply mathematical and scientific principles to solve technical problems
• Select, install, and configure sensors, actuators, and other components in mechatronic system
• Design and fabricate basic mechanical and electrical components using various tools and equipment
• Program basic control systems using ladder logic or other programming language
Site Address: 433 N. Main St. Rocky Mount Virginia 24151
For more information, please call or text: 540-404-2314
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
I'm interested I'm interested