Requisition ID 2023-39128
Specialty Physician - Pediatric Cardiologist
Position Type Full Time
HR Rep / Recruiter Ann Taggart
Successful Pediatric Cardiology Practice - Tropical Florida Coast
General Pediatric Cardiologist
Pediatric Cardiology Associates, located in Tampa Bay on Florida's Gulf Coast, is seeking a BC General Pediatric Cardiologist with TEE and cardiac ICU experience.
• Ideally seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience post-fellowship
• Large, experienced, well-established team of 14 pediatric cardiologists and 3 NPs with offices and clinics located throughout the Tampa/St. Petersburg area
• Offer comprehensive congenital cardiac care from fetal life through adulthood
• The team includes members of all pediatric cardiology sub-specialties including: fetal, advanced imaging (CT, MRI, 3D echo), intervention, electrophysiology, cardiomyopathy/heart failure, prevention, and adult congenital
• The interventional team performs over 400 catheterizations per year, about 60% of which are interventions
• Recent interventional team accomplishments include: • implanting their 150th transcatheter pulmonary valve, Summer 2019
• first program in Florida to implant the Gore Cardioform ASD Occluder, Fall 2019
• only program in Tampa Bay currently offering PDA device closure for premature newborns, first implant, Winter 2016
• Sub-specialty clinics include general pediatric cardiology, intervention, pulmonary hypertension, cardiomyopathy, ACHD, electrophysiology, and prevention
• Our ACHD program is the ONLY certified Adult Congenital Heart Association program in central Florida
• This position also offers 24/7 collaboration with our excellent pediatric cardiac surgical and pediatric cardiac intensive care teams at St Joseph's Children's Hospital
• Our center offers a unique depth of hospital infrastructure: • Two state of the art 1000+ square foot hybrid capable catheterization labs/ORs (one biplane, one single plane)
• Two additional biplane catheterization labs
• Two EP labs
• We have the added benefits of a children's hospital inside a large tertiary adult hospital simplifying care across all patient ages with easy access to consultants from all pediatric and adult specialties
• Pediatrix, as a national pediatric cardiology group with over 125 pediatric cardiologists, provides opportunities for quality initiatives that can have national impact
• We offer an attractive schedule allowing freedom to enjoy a great quality of life
• Generous compensation package offered
Tampa Bay’s warm weather affords plenty of opportunities to relish the great outdoors year round. You will live in a region others only get to enjoy on vacation. Golf at one of nearly 100 courses or relax on one of the many pristine white-sand beaches. The area offers an assortment of family venues such as zoos, aquariums, theme parks, and state parks. Additionally Tampa Bay offers access to world-class museums, professional sporting events and the performing arts. There is a wide range of residential choices to fit every budget and lifestyle – whether you are looking for big city downtown living, golf course communities, waterfront lifestyle, majestic horse farms or historic neighborhoods.
The compensation and benefits referenced is for illustrative purposes only, and will be discussed during and after the interview process.
Effective November 1 st , 2021 Pediatrix will require all employees and new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they qualify for an approved medical and/or religious exemption.
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
• Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
• 401(k) with annual matching program
• Advanced and continuing medical education
• Leadership training and advancement opportunities
• Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
• Professional liability insurance
• Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax, Inc. and its affiliated practices operating as Pediatrix® Medical Group (Pediatrix) are one of the nation’s leading providers of highly specialized health care for women, babies and children. Since 1979, Pediatrix-affiliated clinicians have been committed to providing coordinated, compassionate and clinically excellent services across the continuum of care, both in hospital settings and office-based practices. Specialties including obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, and neonatology are complemented by 18 pediatric subspecialties and a newly expanded area of primary and urgent care clinics. The group’s high-quality, evidence-based care is bolstered by investments in research, education, quality-improvement and safety initiatives.
Today through almost 8,000 employees in 38 states, dedicated teams including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Pediatrix® family and help shape the future of health care for women, babies and children.
Pediatrix is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Forward to a Friend Refer
Connect With Us!
Connect with us to get updated job listings and specialty specific news and articles.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS