Firefighter/EMT (Henry County, VA)
Welcome to Henry County, Virginia. One of the keys to our success is hiring good employees. Our employees are dedicated, service oriented individuals working together to serve our community. If you are interested in joining our team, we welcome you to apply for employment opportunities with Henry County and Henry County Public Service Authority.
Henry County Department of Public Safety is seeking applicants to fill new full-time and part-time Firefighter/EMS personnel positions.
Qualified applicants must possess a broad knowledge of firefighting and EMS procedures, practices, and appropriate use of related equipment. Must possess exceptional problem solving and communication skills and must work effectively with people while maintaining composure during emergency events.
Current Virginia certified firefighters and ALS providers will be given preference. Any applicant not possessing current Virginia certifications as a Firefighter II must be willing to obtain this certification within 2 years of employment at their own expense and time.
High School Diploma or equivalent required along with a valid Driver’s License. Salary up to $20.00/hour for part-time and $47,481/annual for full-time, based on the applicant’s current credentials (EMT, Adv. EMT, Intermediate, Paramedic) and experience. EOE
• Paid vacation/sick leave
• Defined benefit retirement plan through Virginia Retirement System
• Employer paid health insurance for employee
• Employer paid long-term disability
• Employer paid life insurance
• Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
• Employee Assistance Program
Applicants may use the same online application to apply to multiple job postings and update as necessary. In order to apply, one must submit his or her saved application to each job posting.
Henry County/Henry County PSA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, political affiliation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Department: Public Safety
To see additional opportunities, please visit our careers page HERE
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs
If we don't have an open position that fits you, feel free to subscribe to our Talent Team email! Enter your name, email address and position(s) you're interested in, and whenever we open a new position matching your criteria we'll notify you immediately.
* First name: * Last name:
* Email address: * Send me openings in these areas:
Administration Building Inspection Circuit Court Clerks Office Commissioner of Revenues Office Commonwealths Attorneys Office Communications E911 Customer Service Engineering/Mapping Finance Human Resources Information Services Maintenance Parks & Recreation Philpott Water Systems Planning PSA Shop Public Safety Purchasing Refuse Registrar Sheriffs Office Treasurers Office Treatment Maintenance Wastewater Treatment Circuit Court Judges Office
I'm interested in:
Share this job
Leave this field blank
* First name
* Last name
State Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District Of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming ─ American Samoa Guam N. Mariana Islands Puerto Rico U.S. Virgin Islands U.S. Minor Islands --- Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon Territory
* Phone number
* Attach your Resume Attach
Attach a Cover letter Attach
Relevant Certification Attach
* Can you show proof of your legal right to work in the United States? Yes No * Do you have a Virginia or National Registry EMS certification? Yes No In Progress * If yes, what level? EMT Advanced Intermediate Paramedic * Are you a current Virginia certified Firefighter II? Yes No In Progress * How many years of firefighting/EMT experience do you have? 0-1 Year 2-3 Years 4-5 Years 6+ Years How did you hear about this position? Amber martin Colleague Employee referral EQSuite.com Everett harper External recruiter Facebook Glassdoor Google search grabjobs Henry County, VA Henry County / Henry County PSA website Henry County website Indeed Informed to apply by a employee who know my mother I volunteer at FCRS Job fair Jooble LinkedIn Monster MyJobHelper Newspaper Posted at work StartWire Virginia Workforce Connection Walk-in Was told to apply. web search ZipRecruiter Other
* Please enter who you were referred by
* Please enter how you heard about this position