At ACI we build our company and our culture not by counting people, but by making our people count!
Atlantic Constructors is seeking dynamic, motivated, career minded individuals to join our expanding team! Atlantic Constructors has been recognized as an industry leader in the Mid-Atlantic Region for over 50 years.
Atlantic Constructors is dedicated to providing its employees and their eligible family members with a wide range of benefits. From competitive benefits to on-site wellness programs, we provide resources to support you and your family's health, well-being and happiness. We have created a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical Insurance Plans
• Dental Insurance Plan
• Vision Insurance Plan
• 401(K) Retirement Plan with Generous Company Matching
• Health Savings Plan
Atlantic Constructors offers competitive benefits, for more information check out our comprehensive list on our website.
The Electrical Helper/Apprentice will assist electricians by performing various duties to include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
• Drills holes and pulls or pushes wiring through openings, using hand and power tools
• Measures, cuts and bends wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools
• Maintains tools, vehicles, and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order
• Transports tools, materials, equipment, and supplies to work site
• Examines electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tightens connections, using hand tools
• Performs semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment, and cleans work areas
• Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: No
• 1-year electrical experience in in a commercial/industrial environment; or equivalent combination of vocational training and experience
• Must have required hand tools
• Must be able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail, and demonstrate problem-solving skills
• Must be able to pass post-offer pre-employment drug screen, and may be required to satisfactorily complete additional background checks as required (i.e. DMV, criminal history)
• Must adhere to all company policy and procedures
• Must be available, and have the means to report to multiple job sites as assigned, to include working varying schedules that may require extended hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) and require client-specific safety standards
The work environment and physical demands required would be representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and may include, but are not limited to the following:
• May work in varying temperatures; both inside and outside, including inclement weather, heat, humidity, cold, and dampness
• May work in areas with exposure to moderate/high noise levels
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles including dust
• May be required to work in confined spaces or from high heights
• This role routinely uses construction equipment such as heavy machinery, hand and power tools
• While performing duties of the job the employee may work aloft, climb, bend, pull, reach overhead, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to correctly identify all colors of a color-coded cable/wires and see close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus
• May require travel (typically not overnight)
• Prior military experience
• HS diploma or GED equivalent
Electrician, Electrician, Electrician, Electrician
$ per HOUR Employment Type: Full-Time