Senior Packaging Engineer
Cornerstone Building Brands Rocky Mount, VA (Onsite) Full-Time
Apply on company site
The Senior Packaging Engineer position is an integral addition to our New Product Development team. The individual who accepts this role will have the opportunity to work directly with our Window and Door products as well as collaborate across all of Cornerstone Building Brands. This role will focus on improving our customer experience through field research, supplier collaboration, new product engineering, product testing, and project management. The successful candidate will have opportunities for visibility at all levels in the organization and will work closely with Corporate Continuous Improvement and Quality teams. Advancement opportunities are present throughout multiple departments
• Responsible for determining packaging material specifications to maintain product integrity and consumer safety
• Identifies, initiates, and drives to conclusion packaging studies aimed at decreasing costs, reducing material usage while maintaining product/cosmetic integrity
• Determines impact of new packaging design and/or automation to existing and new processes at manufacturing locations.
• Modify designs accordingly to optimize manufacturing and labor efficiency
• Recommend, select, and execute packaging projects.
• Partner with strategic sourcing in development of packaging strategy/cost containment opportunities
• Review internal and external customer data to investigate and develop timely causation of packaging failure and develop/implement corrective actions accordingly
• Identify areas of opportunity to standardize materials to realize volume leverage pricing for packaging components
• Ensures the accuracy of specifications issued, including mechanical drawings and written text
• Prepare and provide cost estimates for the packaging materials
• Schedule regular audits of all facilities to ensure quality of work from vendors and that proper process are being following to ensure packaging integrity
• Research, develop, test, and implement various proposals for packaging design
• Collaborate with project initiator on project objectives and expectations
• Conduct analytical testing on materials and interpret data finding's
• Propose design recommendations to customers as a result of findings
• Ensure project success by keeping project on schedule through written and oral correspondence
• Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new and emerging trends in packaging technology
• Identify areas of opportunity to implement these new technologies into packaging solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related science field required
• 8+ years' experience in packaging development and managing supplier relationships
• PMP is highly desired
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects using excellent project management skills
• Ability to communicate across multiple business functions and levels
• Knowledge of various CAD software and Smartsheet is a plus
• Flexibility for a mix of remote and onsite work schedules
• Position requires moderate travel (30-40%)
Why work for Cornerstone Building Brands?
Our teams are at the heart of our purpose to positively contribute to the communities where we live, work and play. Full-time* team members receive** medical, dental and vision benefits starting day 1. Other benefits include PTO, paid holidays, FSA, life insurance, LTD, STD, 401k, EAP, discount programs, tuition reimbursement, training, and professional development. You can also join one of our Employee Resource Groups which help support our commitment to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment.*Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week. **Union programs may vary depending on the collective bargaining agreement.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120k to 135k + 10% Bonus + medical, dental, vision benefits starting day 1 + 401k and PTO. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
Videos To Watch
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Packaging Engineer
• Mechanical Engineering
• Good Manufacturing Practices
• Technical Services
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: 2272590305
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.