- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vison benefits
- Retirement wages
- Clean, modern, air-conditioned facility
- Safety focused culture
- Advanced opportunities
Performs chemical and mechanical cleaning of parts and other metal products by hand, solvent bath or other processes to remove unwanted materials. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Operates metal cleaning equipment such as vapor blasters, wheelabrators, deburrers and blast cabinets using a variety of blast media to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products.
- Performs in process cleaning, air drying and buffing.
- Identifies and segregates ferrous, non-ferrous and titanium parts for specific cleaning processes.
- Immerses metal products in chemical cleaning and stripping solutions.
- Performs mechanical cleaning of parts such as grit blasting, vapor blasting and glass beading.
- Prepares and masks surfaces prior to cleaning.
- Prepares parts for non-destructive testing.
- Cleans and maintains cleaning tanks and equipment, monitors chemicals through titration checks.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Model behaviors consistent with good quality, health and safety, and environmental management practices.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Thorough knowledge of titrating chemicals.
- Working knowledge of material safety data sheets and the handling of hazardous materials/chemicals.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, MSDS labels and original equipment manufacturer manuals for cleaning and related processes.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 75% of the average workday.
- Ability to workday shift, evening shift, or weekend shift, as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
StandardAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Compensation and Hours
Salary Range: Not Available DOE (Depends on Experience) Benefits Provided: Not Available Other Benefits: Not Available Full or Part Time: Full Time (30 Hours or More) Job Duration: Over 150 Days Type of Job: Regular
Shift: Not Applicable
Hours per Week:
Hours Not Specified
View what local employers are paying First-Line Supervisors of Production and Operating Workers