Property Holiday Exp Suites DFW Grapevine
Posted Date 8 hours ago (3/13/2023 12:20 PM)
Category General Manager/Senior Operations Leadership
The General Manager is a polished well-spoken and well-regarded ambassador who carries a strong vision for their hotel. He or she is charged with responsibility for all aspects of operations for their assigned property; providing support supervision and guidance to their management team and front line associates. He or she will ensure that financial performance is optimized that high quality product and service levels are maintained and that the hotel is operated in compliance with state federal and local regulations as well as Company and brand standards.
The General Manager will establish priorities and lead key operational initiatives such as the sales plan and budget development and execution of physical property improvement projects. They will provide hands on leadership to ensure that revenue is maximized while expenses are effectively controlled. They will serve as the linchpin for communications with guests and clients associates ownership corporate representatives brand representatives and key vendors.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 2 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
• At least 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
• Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
• Must have valid driver's license for the applicable state.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
• Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing a name tag when working (per brand standards).
• Comply with and ensure adherence to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
• In conjunction with the Director of Sales conduct a daily ABR meeting focusing on the number of prospecting and existing account calls each person will make and the potential business results of these calls.
• Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly basis.
• Tour the operating departments daily making adjustments as needed via department heads.
• Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality's standards and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
• Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
• Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers and available supervisors.
• Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and Aimbridge Hospitality's standard checkbook accounting procedures.
• Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
• Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
• Maintain direct contact with and monitor the development of management trainees.
• Adhere to all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and procedures and train new managers to ensure compliance. Oversee and assist in the company budget process as required.
• Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
• Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest through employee development and motivation.
• Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Manager and Property Engineer.
• Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
• Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
• Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers and all other employees.
• Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
• Prepare and conduct all management interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s. Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
• Interview all prospective final candidates for any vacant position within the hotel prior to any offer being extended.
• Perform all department manager performance appraisals according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of performance appraisals to their staff.
• Motivate coach counsel and discipline all management personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s and ensure that managers are in compliance with the standards in their administration of counseling and disciplinary steps.
• Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
• Ensure that all employees receive fair and equitable treatment according to Aimbridge Hspitality S.O.P.'s.
• Meet all sales clients on the property including meeting contacts and potential clients touring the property to assist in the sales effort.
• Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
• Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
• Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
• Complete required corporate training modules and become certified to train those as required.
• Ensure that all scheduled meetings take place on the property.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
• Now offering Daily Pay ! Ask your Recruiter for more details
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401k Retirement Plan
Apply for this position Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS