Job Description Benson's Hospitality Group hotels offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees. We offer vacation, holiday pay, free single coverage health insurance + company paid life insurance, disability insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401K.
The Guest Service Supervisor is responsible for accurately registering and checking out guests, maintaining guest accounts; dispensing information about the hotel and creating an overall atmosphere of service and hospitality with a high level of professionalism. Empower your people to handle guest’s complaints.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY and DUTIES
• Radiate the highest degree of courtesy, professionalism and enthusiasm.
• Perform registration of guest in/out quickly and efficiently using Hotel Software Management System.
• Maintain guest accounts currently and update daily charges.
• Conduct regular meetings with Team; keep meeting records and implement regular programs per Hotel Brand requirements.
• Maintain continuous training with front desk employees.
• Make reservations for guests at this property and refer to reservations when requested.
• Ability to describe each product to properly sell room types; use creative techniques to up sell in an effort to maximize hotel revenues.
• Be thoroughly familiar with the property and able to direct guest to their rooms and all property facilities.
• Ensure the lobby, panty and front desk areas are kept neat, clean and organized at all times.
• Monitor all Go-Log requests for accuracy and timely follow-up.
• Work closely with accounting to make sure all credit and other control procedures are maintained.
• Serve as Manager On Duty (MOD) when scheduled or in the absence of other General Managers. Ensure all MOD are trained and certified.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Guest Service Manager or General Manager.
• An excellent background in customer service
• Organization skills and attention to detail
• Good grooming and good personal presentation
Education: Minimum 2 years of previous supervisor experience in the hospitality/guest services industry preferred.
• Basic computer literacy with keyboarding skills
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication and phone skills
• CPR/Red Cross first aid certified preferred
• Ability to read, speak and write fluently in English
• Ability to multi-task and display grace under pressure
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Previous cash handling abilities
Work Environment: The duties for this position are carried out inside a climate controlled environment.
Physical Activities: To perform essential functions of this position a person must be able to see, speak, hear and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and writing and have manual dexterity of the manipulation of a keyboard, paperwork, Etc. Individual should be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time .Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Benson's is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Benson's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status.
Report this job