Job tittle: Airfreight Import Supervisor
Job location: Grapevine, TX
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure we transport our customers of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. This also includes special transport-related services. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for an AIRFREIGHT IMPORT SUPERVISOR to manage and drive performance of a team of Import specialists (agents) to ensure customer and operations requirements are met or exceeded.
• Organizes, splits and plans day-to-day work of Import Specialists
• Supervises Transactional Operations in the receiving area (delivery arrangement, planning and follow-up of shipment in the receiving area)
• Ensures handling of required Import documents according to regulations and internal procedures
• Follows-up shipment status in the Import area and during transport; identifies incidents and ensures resolution of incidents
• Supports Operations and Customer Service in the incident and exception management resolution
• Creates, builds and maintains excellent relationships with key suppliers, internal and external
• Continuously monitors supplier (internal and external) performance and develops improvement plan when required
• Identifies training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department
• Creates, builds and maintains relationships with other internal functions (e.g. OCC, Sales, OPS) and acts as subject matter expert for ad hoc operational questions with regards to accounts which are being serviced
• Ensures that proper implementation of customer has been conducted and collaborates with all Products to ensure successful customer launch
• Interacts with Warehouse, Product, and Global Service Centers, if required
Skills / Requirements:
• 3+ years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry required, Air Import operations experience strongly preferred
• Supervisory and leadership experience preferred
• Experience using Cargowise software a plus
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Very strong analytical and decision making skills
• BA/BS preferred
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED EXTERNALLY AS TOP EMPLOYER AND
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
WHY DOES THIS MATTER TO YOU?
• It means that when you partner with DHL Global Forwarding you’re working with an ethical and socially responsible company.
• We believe that when people love to come to work, they give more, try harder for their customers, and are proud of the service they give.
• And that’s why external organizations have granted us different accolades for our people practices
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.