Convention Services Coordinator
Property Courtyard DFW Airport N Grapevine
Posted Date 22 hours ago (3/8/2023 9:09 PM)
Category Catering/Conference Services
The Catering Coordinator is responsible for articulating and negotiating all details related to scheduled meetings/events requested at the hotel including event specifications and payment. It is the responsibility of this role to work closely with clients on details pertaining to menus set up sleeping rooms and up-sells where possible.
• High School diploma or equivalent required with at least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field. Bachelor’s degree in related field is desired.
• Must be proficient in Windows operating systems
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
• Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Respond to meeting/catering inquiries.
• Book meeting/catering events/in-house event & BEOs.
• Generate meeting/catering contracts/BEOs.
• Generate weekly BEO packets and distribute internally.
• Additional responsibilities as applicable by property:
• Add traces to existing booking for critical dates – Cut off/Deposits/Signed documents etc.
• Post weekly schedules of CS/Catering staff
• Distribute and collect weekly Resumes
• Assist CS/Catering with event collateral (i.e. vouchers signage place cards etc.)
• Create files with required contract documentation
• Send out VIP Amenity Requests
• Type and process all contracts proposals memos and general correspondence for CS/Catering staff.
• Distribute all banquet event orders banquet checks and Daily Event Sheets for the CS/Catering Managers and change logs.
• Answer phones for CS/Catering staff if not picked up by third ring; Record messages as appropriate.
• Employees must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and fellow employees.
• Maintain trace for all CS/ Catering Mangers.
• Perform any other duties requested by the CS/Catering Manager.
• Any other duties as required.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
• Now offering Daily Pay ! Ask your Recruiter for more details
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401k Retirement Plan
Apply for this position Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS