Maintenance Tech I
Franklin County Schools Rocky Mount, VA (Onsite) Full-Time
Apply on company site
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A STATE CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. UNDER CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, A NATIONAL CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK MAY BE REQUIRED A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Position Title: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Responsible To: Maintenance Supervisor
Basic Function: Perform skilled maintenance, repair and construction of District buildings and equipment in one or more craft or trade; lead other Maintenance Workers and Technicians as necessary; work independently in trades such as carpentry, audiovisual repair, and electrical.
• Assist in the purchase, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring and fixtures; perform trouble-shooting to repair or replace fans and motors; perform repairs to motors, bells, clocks, and lighting circuits and to communication and audio-visual equipment.
• Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of District facilities and equipment; prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
• Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed by District.
• Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean and proper working condition.
• Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements.
• Maintain various records related to labor, materials and work orders.
• Purchase tools, equipment and materials; operate light trucks to pick up and deliver equipment and supplies.
• Trade tools, equipment materials, methods and techniques used in skilled and general maintenance and repair involving at least one of the following: Electrical, heating and air conditioning, locksmithing, plumbing, carpentry, painting, welding or automotive mechanic.
• Appropriate health and safety precautions and procedures.
• Technical aspects of field of specialty.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Basic record-keeping techniques.
• Requirements of maintaining school buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
• Federal, state, and local building codes and regulations.
• Perform a wide variety of skilled journey-level work in the maintenance and repair of District facilities and equipment.
• Prioritize, schedule, assign and review work.
• Train and provide work direction to assigned personnel in the performance of a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
• Interpret, explain and apply codes, rules, and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
• Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
• Interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and work orders to others.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Estimate labor and material costs.
• Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Maintain routine records.
• Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
• Operate a District vehicle and perform heavy physical labor.
• Lift heavy objects.
Minimum Qualifications: • High school diploma or GED
• Certificate as required by Kentucky law and three years journey-level experience in one or more trade areas.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Valid Kentucky driver's license
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of board policy for classified personnel.
• Automotive Industry
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g7o5tjs
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.