Athens, GA 30607
Read what people are saying about working here.
Indeed's salary guide • Not provided by employer
• $38.6K - $48.9K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Athens, GA.
Full Job Description
Role: Material Coordinator
Reports To: Manager of Material Handling
Direct Reports: No
FSLA: Salaried Exempt
The Material Coordinator coordinates the transfer of raw materials, parts and finished products between various production areas and external warehouses. The Material Coordinator is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory and performing cycle counting duties to ensure that all materials are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. Duties also include miscellaneous stockroom activities to maintain inventory accuracy through proper processing of material receipts, transfers, and issues.
Position responsibilities as follows:
• Work in the department as a team member to achieve production, quality, cycle time and cost standards.
• Receive and execute work instructions from Manager and / or Material Planners as necessary.
• Communicate with truck drivers and handle all receiving paperwork.
• Receive into inventory and move material within a department and from one department to the other as directed.
• Cycle-count raw and packaging material, WIP and non-conforming materials daily as assigned.
• Utilize software to process cycle counts, review on-hand inventory, current and past activity.
• Ensure materials are in proper location. Research misclassified inventory weekly.
• Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to supervision.
• Receive and organize shipments from Jefferson Electric including both the inventory for the Athens RDC as well as for the purchased products.
• Coordinate and organize shipments to Jefferson Electric to include, but not limited to; RAW Materials, pallets, components and samples.
• Receive orders via computer systems and generate documents and labels for Athens RDC shipments.
• Coordinate load planning and schedule shipments with the Jefferson Electric 3PL.
• Communicate load plans to customer’s carriers and schedule customer pickups (CPUs).
• Prep units for shipping, including nameplate/labeling activities as well as special packaging.
• Communicate shipping results to Jefferson Electric and file paperwork as requested.
• Other tasks as needed to support Jefferson Electric such as locating lost units, obtaining proof of delivery (POD) documents, and maintaining inventory integrity via cycle counts.
• Work with others to drive continuous improvement.
• Adhere to all company policies, safety rules and guidelines.
Education or Equivalent (any of these may apply):
• High school diploma and or GED; one year of material management experience.
• Strong written, verbal, .and interpersonal communication skills.
• Customer Service focus with the ability to build and maintain strong working and vendor relationships.
• Comfortable using a PC with computer software packages and communicating effectively via email and phone.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb and move around in the factory.
• Occasionally stoops, kneels, reaches and carries
• Required to lift to 50 lbs. with assistance.
About Power Partners:
Power Partners is a leading manufacturer of distribution transformers, serving utility, industrial and commercial customers in North America, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean and other markets. Working with our suppliers, we provide value to our customers, associates, and community by responsibly producing reliable, energy-efficient distribution and cooling solutions. Power Partners’ products include single-phase and three-phase pole-type transformers at 34.5 kV and below, in ratings from 5-1000 kVA single-phase and 30- 500 kVA three-phase.
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 30+ days ago