Full Time- Home Health- Rocky Mount Region
***Sign on Bonus***
Performs Significant Job Responsibilities:
• Provides patient care based upon physician referral and age-appropriate assessment taking into consideration the patient’s developmental/chronological age and medical diagnoses when planning/implementing treatment programs designed to achieve goals set in conjunction with the patient and/or family member.
• Coordinates patient care and clinical activities through written and/or verbal communication with patients, families, therapists, Clinical Team Leaders, managers, physicians, and other members of the health care team.
• Documents, in the patient’s medical record, and completes other patient care-related forms in compliance with regulatory agencies and department/hospital policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with other clinical staff, support staff, volunteers and students to achieve efficient clinical activity and quality patient care.
• Participates in other patient care and departmental/professional activities as requested/assigned including but not limited to presenting/attending in-services, performance improvement, program development/evaluation, new employee orientation, committee membership, peer review and attending staff meetings.
Make the most of your clinical skills at an organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical excellence. Based in Roanoke, VA, our community-based health care organization encompasses a comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services.
Play an important role with a regional leader that inspires better health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the advantages of advancing your career with an organization where you can expect supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative learning.
Education: Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
Experience: Experience in site specific level of care preferred but not required. For Home Health positions one year of clinical experience required.
Licensure/Certification: Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association oreligible to complete clinical fellowship year (CFY); Licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required. BLS-certified (from a Carilion approved program) within six months of employment.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 100255
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care - Franklin
Shift Details: M-F with occasional weekend coverage
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.