Maintenance Tech 2
The Woodruff Companies
Athens, GA 30605
Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Show 1 more benefit
Indeed's salary guide • Not provided by employer
• $31.7K - $40.1K a year is Indeed's estimated salary for this role in Athens, GA.
Maintenance Tech 2
Position Summary: The Maintenance Tech 2 is responsible for plumbing, painting, drywall repair, and the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in and assisting with the overflow of service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Ability to work with little or no supervision and be able to work outside, in all weather conditions and to perform physically difficult work.
• Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
• Make all repairs/replacements necessary, including painting for apartment to be occupied.
• Clean out all trash from apartments before, during and after make-ready activity.
• Respond to resident maintenance requests and Service Requests when needed.
• During normal course of duty look for needed maintenance or liability hazards and repair/report to supervisor or manager.
• Perform preventive maintenance on equipment/apartments.
• Attendance is an essential job function.
• May be required to perform on-call duty for after hours and weekend emergencies when assigned
• May be required to assist in other areas of property including grounds keeping duties, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, housekeeping, office support, etc. depending on property needs.
• May be required to work at other WPMC properties as needed.
• HVAC Certification preferred
• One to three years’ experience in a maintenance position at an apartment community or a related position.
• Must be results oriented and a self-starter. Organization skills and attention to detail are essential.
• Must be mechanically inclined.
• Knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, construction and electrical.
• Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools, Freon recovery machinery, air conditioning gauges and vacuum pumps.
• Must be able flexible to work weekends, holidays and available for emergency after hours calls.
• Dependability is a must.
• Must have personal, reliable transportation to get to work to support property needs.
• Must pass criminal background check and drug screen.
• Must have valid driver’s license with clear Motor Vehicle Record.
Our total rewards package includes the choice of 3 medical plans, a dental plan, a vision plan, short term & long-term disability, and supplemental life insurance to also include AFLAC insurance. 401(k) company matches 100% of the first 3% and 50% up to 2%. Paid Time Off (PTO) of 16 days (prorated the first year), along with 9 Company paid holidays.
Woodruff is an EEO and Drug Free Workplace
• Health insurance
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 3 days ago