Job Description The Role at a glance:
We are looking to add an experienced cook to work with a highly motivated and energetic kitchen staff in our Ferrum, VA location for our Higher Education division. As a cook for Aladdin Campus Dining, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, efficient environment and cook delicious meals. If you are driven, passionate about preparing and serving high quality meals, and are looking for an organization that promotes your personal growth, this could be the right role for you. Please read on!
What you'll be doing:
• Quality and portion control
• Food preparation
• Creative food presentation
• Maintaining kitchen
• Ensuring food is stored properly
• Following safe food handling policies, procedures and recipes
What we're looking for:
• At least one years’ prior culinary experience in a quality and high-volume establishment with an emphasis on scratch cooking
• Working knowledge of proper culinary methods, techniques, and standards.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to use various kitchen equipment and tools as well as identify and differentiate food items.
• Customer service experience is required.
Food handlers’ certification
Where you'll be working:
The benefits that we offer are:
• Voluntary UNUM offering for Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
• Commuter Benefits (Parking and Transit)
• Holiday Pay (9 paid holidays)
As our higher education segment, Aladdin serves colleges and universities across the United States. From dining halls to sporting events, we recognize how important food is to the college experience, and strive to ensure that students receive delicious, healthy food to fuel them through education and life.
Company Description About Elior North America:
Elior North America is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. We take pride in supporting the development of our employees and their skills at all levels and in fostering an environment of growth.
In your career with Elior or any of our incredible segments, you will not only have countless opportunities to learn and grow, you will also have the opportunity to work with people like you: driven, motivated, and enthusiastic about the differences they can make in their community. As a full-time employee, you will have access to comprehensive benefits, including medical and dental insurance and paid time off.
Report this job