DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL, IN HOME
Penhook, VA 24137
From $15.01 an hour - Full-time
Read what people are saying about working here.
From $15.01 an hour
Pulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Opportunities for advancement
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Are you a caring and compassionate individual looking for a rewarding role helping others? EnCircle, is looking for full and part-time Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). What Is a DSP? A DSP works with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. As a DSP, you serve as a mentor and are essential to helping others grow and live a happy life. The little things you do make a big impact at enCircle. You help individuals reach their goals by assisting with everyday activities and supporting them in improving their health, safety, and wellbeing.
We invite you to join our team! This is an excellent opportunity to work with a great team and help make a positive difference in the lives of people every day! This is an entry-level hourly role with benefits offered for those working more than 30 hours per week. Plus, you can do all of this with no prior experience—you’ll get paid training so you can succeed and feel fulfilled. You can always count on a helpful, supportive team.
We also offer
• Job stability
• A rewarding role helping others
• Great benefits
• Varying schedule options including weekdays, weekends, part-time and per-diem schedules.
• Tuition assistance
• Supportive managers
• A caring team that feels like family
• Virtual and in-person training options
We offer competitive pay! From $15.01 per hour. Additional compensation considered with education and experience.
EnCircle requires all employees be vaccinated for COVID-19. If you are hired, we will require you prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or are willing to be vaccinated subject to applicable laws.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High School or GED or six months of experience in the Human Services field required.
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
• Ability to pass our paid training in CPR, First Aid and DSP orientation within 30 days of employment.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
• Must have responsible work ethic and good communication skills.
• Must be compassionate and caring.
• 401(k) and 401(k) matching
• Employee assistance program
• Full medical insurance, including dental coverage
• Optional vision insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 4pm-10pm
“My time with enCircle has been fantastic, and I feel like I am contributing to something greater than myself.”-enCircle Staff Member
To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at enCircle based on each person’s performance, qualifications, and abilities. EnCircle does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
As part of the Company’s EEO commitment, we will also provide reasonable accommodations consistent with applicable law. The Company will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of the job unless doing so would cause significant difficulty or expense—i.e., an undue hardship. Similarly, the Company will also make reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of a person related to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship.
If you seek an accommodation because of a medical condition or impairment, or related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, please notify Human Resources so we can evaluate your request. Please cooperate with the Company as to any information needed so we can assess your request for an accommodation.
• Six months experience in the Human Services field.
• High School or better
Licenses & Certifications Required
• VA Drivers' License
• Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
• Health insurance
Hiring Insights Job activity • Posted 30+ days ago