Shipping & Receiving Clerk
TERRAPIN BREWING COMPANY INC Athens, GA (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC - Athens, GA
JOB TITLE: SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK
Job Summary : The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is a regular full-time, hourly position responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately & on time, communication with both internal & external customers to coordinate outbound and inbound freight schedules and intra-plant transfers. The incumbent will report directly to the Shipping & Logistics Manager.
The hours for this position are from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and, as a condition of employment, is required to work a rotating weekend schedule that includes holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the prompt scheduling in of incoming shipments, verifying count, part number, revisions, description, dock station door assignment and appropriate documentation.
• Serve as main point of contact for carriers regarding outbound loads. This includes, but is not limited to, information on schedule changes, delays, BOL discrepancies, transportation of dunnage, etc...
• Responsible for updating the Company ERP system for the transfer of goods from the warehouse to the appropriate department(s).
• Process required paperwork to ensure shipped and received goods are handled in inventory systems appropriately.
• As directed, perform inventory counts and update inventory levels in ERP system. Communicate information to the appropriate people to help maintain inventories of required consumables.
• As needed, assist with the loading and unloading of delivery trucks for the purpose of receiving stock and or filling orders for transport is conducted in an efficient and expedited time frame.
• As needed, assist with preparing orders by pulling from stock for the purpose of meeting delivery requirements.
• In the absence of the Shipping & Logistics Manager, coordinate the cost-effective transport of Terrapin Beer Company packaged goods & products to their intended destinations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem Solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Customer Service - the individual manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Planning/Organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality Control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity - meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety & Security - the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
The Shipping & Receiving Clerk position requires a high school degree and 3-5 years related experience and or training.
Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word. Preference given to applicants with familiarity with shipping industry specific software.
Applicants, without an accommodation, must have the ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, bend, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts. Applicants may be required to work overtime as necessary. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. repeatedly and maneuver up to 180lb kegs.
As a condition of employment, this position does require availability to work weekends as directed to and applicants must be able to do so without an accommodation.
Applicants must be able to wear personal protective equipment and work in varying weather conditions that includes humidity and seasonal temperature changes.
Applicants, without an accommodation, must be able to operate powered industrial trucks and pallet jacks for the purpose of moving large and heavy items safely and efficiently. Applicants will be required to undergo yearly recertification by the Human Resources & Safety department.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is a craft beer brewery located in Athens, Georgia dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave and Parental Leave, 401(k) plan with a Company match and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Terrapin Beer Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.*
• Customer Demand Planning
• Customer Service
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• Human Resources
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g60scf5
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.