Bus Driver - General Pool
Franklin County Schools Rocky Mount, VA (On Site) Full-Time
Apply on company site
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A STATE AND NATIONAL CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK AND A CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT (CAN) CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Position Title: SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
Responsible To: Director of Transportation
Basic Function: Assure the safe transportation of pupils to and from school.
• Drives the specific route as assigned by the Director of Transportation.
• Adheres to the time schedule as set forth by the Principal of the school which he serves.
• Maintains safe discipline and reports any pupil misconduct to the school Principal.
• Reports to the bus garage for any needed repairs to his/her bus.
• Makes routine maintenance and safety checks on his/her bus each morning and afternoon (walk around inspection).
• Reports all accidents to the proper authorities the day of the accident.
• Keeps a daily trip ticket-showing miles driven and amounts of gas and oil used.
• Cleans his/her bus each day as required in order to keep it in a clean and neat condition.
• Completes and returns all paperwork requested by the transportation office on time.
• Keeps the Director of Transportation informed of any route changes as to road conditions, number of students on bus, and any other information that might cause a change in the bus route.
• Driver must complete a work sheet on his or her bus for maintenance purposes.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Principal, Director of Transportation, or the Superintendent.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Must have a valid Kentucky Driver's License.
• Must be able to understand oral and written communications.
• Must meet the requirements for bus drivers as specified in the Kentucky Revised Statutes and of the local board of education.
• Should have some knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with bus driving.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Valid CDL and drivers license
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of board policy for classified personnel.
• Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
• Passenger Service
• Safety Principles
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Apply on company site
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: Report this job
Job ID: g36b4bz
For your privacy and protection , when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.