Mobile Mechanic (Glade Hill, VA)
$1,500 Sign-on Bonus!!
This position will support our maintenance department in Glade Hill, Virginia. May travel to other locations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performing routine and scheduled maintenance on mobile equipment
• Driving equipment/vehicles to and from other job sites and operations
• Operating a crane as needed for specific jobs and tasks at hand
• Welding and fabrication, based on drawings, specifications, and original designs.
• Working closely with the maintenance team to ensure efficient and appropriate communications
• Maintaining good communication and interactions with peers, management, and other internal and/or external contacts.
• Completing all work in order to be compliant with governmental regulations as related to employee health and safety guidelines as outlined by OSHA and MSHA
• Adhere to all safety procedures to ensure no reportable accidents or moving violations
• Observing good housekeeping, maintaining the appearance of equipment (both inside and out), workspaces and shop areas.
• All other related duties as required and as needed.
Must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 3-5 years maintenance related experience preferred
• Experience in the aggregate industry and with industry related equipment repair and maintenance preferred.
• Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficiency in the English language
• Proficiency in welding as indicated in the assigned duties and responsibilities
• Ability to work overtime as needed, including weekends as dictated by production demands.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Not only will successful candidates receive a $1,500 sign-on bonus , we also offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k/Profit Sharing fund, and other competitive benefits. This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Return to Careers at Rockydale Quarries Corporation
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs
If we don't have an open position that fits you, feel free to subscribe to our Talent Team email! Enter your name, email address and position(s) you're interested in, and whenever we open a new position matching your criteria we'll notify you immediately.
* First name: * Last name:
* Email address: I'm interested in:
Share this job
Leave this field blank
* First name
* Last name
* Phone number
* Can you show proof of your legal right to work in the United States? Yes No * Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes No * If hired when will you be able to start? * How did you hear about this position? Email Employee referral External recruiter Facebook Fax Former Employee Glassdoor Indeed Internal Application Job fair Jooble LinkedIn Monster MyJobHelper Newspaper Radio Rockydale Quarries Corporation website Rockydale Quarries website Upward.net Walk-in Web Search ZipRecruiter Other
* Please enter who you were referred by
* Please enter how you heard about this position