Referral Coordinator Bassett, VA /
~ Partner Practices ~ – Partner Practices /
Apply for this job
Location: Bassett Family Practice
Position: Referral Coordinator
Purpose: Every position within the Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness exists to help the organization realize its Mission of providing medical and other health related services to uninsured and underinsured members of our community. As a valued member of our staff, it is critically important that this goal be the motivation for all of your activities in the performance of your duties and responsibilities.
Position Summary: This is a customer service position. The Referral Coordinator is in frequent contact with Health Center patients and their families. As such, it is important that this person has a pleasant disposition and is able to communicate well with a wide range of people. This person performs various front office administrative activities for a fast-paced Health Center to ensure smooth operations, excellent patient relations and the highest levels of service quality and professionalism. They interact with patients, patients’ families, medical providers and others regarding patient-related matters. This position requires a person who can work independently and carry out assignments with minimal instruction. This position demands adherence to prescribed routines, maintaining records and data entry with a high level of accuracy and speed. This person must be able to work in a high stress environment and must be bondable. This person will work with other clinic staff in a Patient Centered Medical Home environment that values teamwork and relentlessly pursues the highest levels of quality care for our patients.
Essential Functions of the Position: • Manages patient referrals and Diagnostic Imaging orders. Identifies patient Provider needs and preferences, verifies medical record information and then assists patients by contacting specialists and other third-party facilities and making appointments on the patient’s behalf. Communicates appointments (date, time, location, Provider) to the patients and records on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Specialty services include, but are not limited to, x-rays, colonoscopy consults, mammograms, MRI’s CT’s, echocardiograms, nuclear medicine and sleep studies. Identifies, secures and manages free services from Provider specialists. Secures pre authorizations as needed. Tracks and records relevant data in spreadsheets and records related activities in the EMR.
• Educates uninsured and/or underinsured patients about available financial assistance programs and assists in preparing and submitting corresponding applications. Then verifies receipt and outcome and records in the EMR.
• Eyes Forward appointments: Tracks and records relevant payment and demographic information and provides this information to the Care Coordinator/Billing Specialist and Health Connect representative as required.
• Ladies-First/EWL – (Every Woman’s Life) appointments: Schedules, tracks and records relevant payment and demographic information and provides information to the Grant Administrator (Harvest) as required.
• Pregnancy referrals for UDS: Tracks and records relevant referral appointment, demographic and outcome data.
• Assists patients in completing medical record requests. Assembles necessary medical records (labs, DI, notes, etc.) and forwards them to the specialist or other third-party Providers.
• Tracks all referrals and diagnostic imaging orders on spreadsheet as well as maintaining the charity spreadsheet.
• Troubleshoots referrals and diagnostic orders where we are experiencing service or other logistical difficulties.
• Inputs and updates patient demographic information in the EMR with a high degree of accuracy. Scans patient documents into the EMR and forwards to the Provider(s) as needed.
• Provides back up/assistance with various other administrative tasks as needed.
• Leads the P2P initiative for the practice to ensure the Meaningful Use measure is met.
• Develops and uses good organizational, analytical, numerical and reasoning skills.
• Manages the electronic fax inbox, sorting and processing all received faxes in a timely manner.
• Participates in training(s) opportunities to improve patient care including, but not limited to, proactively addressing the needs of patients and families in this community, cultural competency, effective communication, OSHA, HIPAA and EHR.
• Adheres to the Policies and Procedures of the Martinsville Henry County Coalition for Health and Wellness.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by your supervisor that are consistent with the Mission of the organization and intent of this position.
Minimum Required Education, Experience, Abilities & Characteristics: • High school diploma or GED.
• Prefer experience with Referrals and scheduling diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Minimum six months experience working in a medical office or healthcare organization/ environment.
• An understanding and working knowledge of medical terminology and procedures is preferred.
• Prior experience in data entry.
• A diverse set of skills and abilities including organization, prioritization, good grammar, telephone and interpersonal business manners and the ability to multitask.
• Possess good computer skills including knowledge of Electronic Medical Record systems (EMR’s). Prefer experience with eClinical Works.
• A passion and concern for the target population served by the Health Center.
Please note this position is posted on behalf of our partner practices. This individual will be working at the specific practice that is mentioned in the above details and will not be a direct employee of Aledade, Inc. so will therefore not be eligible for the benefits available to Aledade employees.
Apply for this job
Jobs powered by