**Sign on Bonus Eligible. Up to 30K**
• Interacts with patients, families, and all members of the health care team to develop, coordinate, and manage the plan of care. Delegates and oversees delivery of patient care. Makes visits in patients’ homes, hospitals, nursing homes, and adult care centers. Provides support to other staff. Works collaboratively with all team members – ensures complete hand-off of information.
• Maintains patient, staff, and customer confidentiality. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of the life span growth and development and end of life and is prepared to provide care to patients of all ages.
• Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age specific needs and provides care according to departmental policies and procedures.
• Work involves application of advanced knowledge and skills of patient care. Duties are varied and complex. Accountable to resolve issues as determined by license. Handles routine issues, follows up to conclusion of matters, while referring only the most complex or high-level issues and problems to the Manager, Team Lead, or Supervisor.
• Work is performed in a variety of patient care environments and is often fast paced, requiring the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task. Must possess strong critical thinking skills.
• Conducts end of life discussions with sensitivity, reflecting an understanding of the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of death and dying.
• Supervises Hospice LPNS and C.N.A.s as assigned. May supervise hospice volunteers and students from approved schools. Is directly supervised by the Hospice Manager or designee. Indirectly supervised by the Director.
• May be exposed to infectious diseases, bio-hazardous and hazardous materials, including regulated medical wastes and combative patients.
• May be asked to provide care at other Carilion facilities to meet patient needs. Some positions may be required to take call. May be required to travel in adverse weather.
• Supports the Culture of Excellence and actively practices the Carilion Clinic Mission, Values, and Guiding Principles.
Make the most of your clinical skills at an organization that has earned numerous awards for clinical excellence. Based in Roanoke, Virginia, our community-based healthcare network encompasses seven hospitals‐including a U.S. News & World Report Top 10 Hospital and two Magnet®-designated hospitals‐multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, we’re a regional leader that inspires optimal health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Realize the advantages of joining and a regional healthcare leader, including supportive leadership, inter-professional teams, state-of-the-art technology innovative learning and training, and advancement potential.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing.
Experience: For Home Health, one year of experience is required with home health experience preferred
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or new graduate of approved program eligible to sit for the Virginia licensure exam. For Home Health, must have valid Virginia Drivers License and pass a Criminal Record Check as per Virginia state law. Must obtain /maintain AHA BLS-HCP.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Must be able to meet essential job functions.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 137555
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Home Care - Bedford
Shift Details: Monday - Friday. Rotating weekends and holidays. Rotate on call responsibilities.8am - 4:30pm
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.